Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How to drive the NUBM07E LD

Quote Originally Posted by DanBarlow View Post
    Refraction caustics will have chromatic aberration. Reflection ones won't.
    OK... Thanx Dan/Mr.P......Reflective media will not suffer from chromatic aberration... IIRC...per MG...the original stage lumia was incandescent reflected off krinkled cellophane material...so...therefore...no chromatic aberration.
    But...if we use HID or incandescent....we will loose the interference patterns which I am accustomed to seeing with Laser Lumia.
    Also...with a refraction Lumia generation method....the Chromatic aberration will be present...be they continuous or discontinuous.
    PB...looking at the referenced pic above....Yes...looks white....looks kinda like Lumia...but...not what I am used to with Laser Lumia...Not sharply focused, not nebular, no interference patterns....so....I assume made with HID....via a reflective method.
    Like I said....I want it all !!! Sharp focus, Nebular, Interference patterns and FULL SPECTRUM WHITE !!! Is that too much to ask !!!! ??? I fear the pesky Laws of Optics will rule the day !!!
    The " Solar Prominence lll " Lumia project will employ ...Co-axial RGB propagation....which I predict will deliver some white areas...errr....maybe....but nothing fully white....sigh....stink'in Refraction caustics !!! Where is a White Laser beam....when ya need one ????
    CDBEAM
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 12-29-2016 at 11:57. Reason: Clairified
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Most, if not all, popular diode drivers can be modified to drive upto 5A.
    Just find out the Imax of the used fet, and if there is enough supply voltage to open the gate at the desired current.
    Reduce supply voltage to minimize dissipation yet enough to open the gate. Use sufficient heatsinking.
    Replace the sense resistor with a lower value, or place an identical one in parallel.

Bart...I must admit...at this stage in my training of electronics....ya know...."For 8 year olds and under"....although I am sure your mods will work....I will stick with the " Outta the Box" units !!...until such time....after some training with Draco....I might attempt such a modification !!
    Thanx, CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !