Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Schneider Showlaser

This is a dinosaur , possibly suited for R/D work, (reverse engineer and development)
    OR
    possibly a laser geek with extra money to blow.

RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

possibly a laser geek with extra money to blow.
    I agree. I hate that "black box" limitation. I have some lasers like that. You know, "if it stops working, now what"? But, the price is high and in this case you don't even know if it will start working. It would be a blast to learn and work with an OPO, but, if you can't fix it, probably shouldn't mess with it.

As a show laser source, I see little utility in a 220V 660# box for those power levels I know Briggs has much more powerful machines (similar to one I am using). And, he is there for you if it stops working.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

It has modulation. It is the 660 pound mass, and need for a clean room that are the downsides. It's clearly built to medical laser standards, so reliability would be good.

There are other OPO in this world Eric, I used to service them. Much smaller and more convenient then this.

Steve

There are other OPO in this world Eric, I used to service them. Much smaller and more convenient then this.
    Good, so when that next project comes up, I'll give you a call.

Happy hollidays everyone!!
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

All,

As Promised, here are some more pictures (and a Promo Video from 2001) of where this laser came from and what is did...
    See: http://www.laserlumia.com/showlaser/
    Enjoy, and Happy Holidays,
    Aron
    Did my first "Laser Lumia Show" in 1974... and have never stopped experimenting !

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumia View Post
    All,

As Promised, here are some more pictures (and a Promo Video from 2001) of where this laser came from and what is did...
    Aron
    leading in trailing technology

All,

Aron
    This post made my day. Thanks for sharing

All,

Aron
    the inside of that thing is a work of art... if it were cheap would love to put a clear cover over that and just operate it at low power for some lumia or something

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    I love it when things like this turn up!...
    Indeed! Ya beat me to the pic-posting, good show... IIRC that snap (originally..) showed up in ILDAs 'Laserist' online, there..

Aron - Thanks for posting this / some more of the 'backstory'.. I had someone (I think they were a PL member, not you, obviously..) trying to get me to pick this up, shoot.. 6-7 yrs ago, at least, for.. Quite a bit more $$ than this.. But, knowing what was 'under the hood', and, having no 'appropriately funded' Installs on the horizon at that point, I passed.. But, I did drool for a bit.. Would have been an amazing learning experience to get up to speed with that pup.. And, actually have some former-Clients / laser-buds in Rochester, NY, that have the clean room we could have worked on this, at, but.. Again, w/no 'appropriate venue' to target, it didn't seem to make any.. cents.. IIRC, they were asking like $25-30K or something like that, at the time.. (which, I know - was probably 1/10th of it's Original pricetag, but still..)

..So, did 'Hershey' just give up on the 'concept' of the Laser Shows, altogether? AVI 'get tired'? Was there just no one to 'maintain' this pup? Just curious why this ended up from it's once-glorious 'perch', there (don't ya just Love it when the bux are there to *properly* do an Install, and your 'projection booth' can look like a Doc's Office (as it Should.. tumbling down to FleaBay? Again, just curious..

Anyhoo, Thanks for the cool story / post..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...