Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trying to get LSX to see DAC

Ok, I was able to add TCP ports in firewall. LSX still cannot see Etherdream..
    Now, when I open Sitter it opens but has no content, it just says "IP Adress , Version, Status etc but no data.

Plugging Etherdream over ethernet directly to computer won't work?

How can I be sure dll file is in drivers folder?? I don't know where that folder is on computer
    Last edited by leif26; 12-28-2016 at 13:13.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

1) turn off any windows firewall you might have
    2) set the nic on the laptop for dhcp
    3) plug the etherdream directly into the laptop (using cat5)
    4) wait one minute
    5) run sitter (make sure LSX is not running at the time. sitter and LSX must be run independently).

Quote Originally Posted by leif26 View Post
    Ok, I was able to add TCP ports in firewall. LSX still cannot see Etherdream..
    Now, when I open Sitter it opens but has no content, it just says "IP Adress , Version, Status etc but no data.

Plugging Etherdream over ethernet directly to computer won't work?

How can I be sure dll file is in drivers folder?? I don't know where that folder is on computer
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

When I attempt to show network connections it shows the active wifi and a bluetooth icon but it does not show an Ethernet connection or symbol. I imagine that there is no symbol because computer has no Ethernet? Is there driver I need to get computer to see Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter as an Ethernet connection?

When I attempt to show network connections it shows the active wifi and a bluetooth icon but it does not show an Ethernet connection or symbol. I imagine that there is no symbol because computer has no Ethernet? Is there driver I need to get computer to see Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter as an Ethernet connection?
    correct. you need to get the wired nic working before you'll have any success.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Ok, how do it that? I don't see options for DHCP anywhere on computer

Ok, how do it that? I don't see options for DHCP anywhere on computer
    well, i don't know anything about your computer or what operating system you're using

Turn off your wifi and try it. If it is thunderbolt isn't that a Mac standard? I have add PC Cards for it but are you running a vm inside of a mac?
    leading in trailing technology

I turned off wifi and attempted to get LSX to see EtherDream through thunderbolt to ethernet connection, did not work. (USB was disconnected)
    I'm not running virtual machine.
    I'm using Macbook pro running boot camp. I'm running windows 8.1
    Intel i7 2.2GHz 16GB RAM 64-bit

Ok, I am now able to see the DAC from LSX under Edit-- DAC... from what I gathered the Thunderbolt to Ethernet drivers have to be added manually. This is a good article explaining how to do it: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5971082?tstart=0

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by leif26; 12-28-2016 at 19:13.

Ok, I am now able to see the DAC from LSX under Edit-- DAC... from what I gathered the Thunderbolt to Ethernet drivers have to be added manually. This is a good article explaining how to do it: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5971082?tstart=0

Thanks for the help!
    excellent! now go make something amazing with it