Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to get LSX to see DAC

Default Trying to get LSX to see DAC

I have LSX Pro installed. When I try to configure my Etherdream DAC under Edit- DAC - it does not show up. There is nothing there, how can I get LSX to see the DAC?

USB is connected and DAC is plugged in.

Thanks

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

etherdream dac requires a network connection (ethernet) and not usb.

Quote Originally Posted by leif26 View Post
    I have LSX Pro installed. When I try to configure my Etherdream DAC under Edit- DAC - it does not show up. There is nothing there, how can I get LSX to see the DAC?

USB is connected and DAC is plugged in.

Thanks
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Ok, my laptop does not have ethernet port though. So I guess then I need to use a router for computer to communicate with DAC?
    Last edited by leif26; 12-28-2016 at 09:41.

Ok, my laptop does not have ethernet port though.
    you might want to invest in a usb / thunderbolt to ethernet dongle
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Ok, I got the adapter.. I still don't see DAC.. Maybe Etherdream is not set up properly? How do I put the DLL file in the drivers directory of the application software? Not sure where this folder is. When I do a search, computer just says Nothing found
    Last edited by leif26; 12-28-2016 at 10:56.

Ok, I got the adapter.. I still don't see DAC.. Maybe Etherdream is not set up properly? How do I put the DLL file in the drivers directory of the application software? Not sure where this folder is. When I do a search, computer just says Nothing found
    the etherdream.dll should have come with your LSX installation.

start by downloading the sitter app and making sure your computer has a network connection to your etherdream. hint: you may have to turn off, or re-configure your windows firewall to allow TCP port 7765 and UDP port 7654.

http://ether-dream.com/downloads.html

I downloaded sitter. When I open it nothing happens.

"In Windows Firewall, click the Exceptions tab, and then click Add Port" I do not see an exceptions tab anywhere in windows firewall

I believe the Etherdream requires an IP address and I also believe normal PCs, at least windows, won't simply assign one when plugging things directly into their ethernet ports. I didn't get the etherdream to work that way anyway. I think you either need to install a DHCP server on your machine to assign the etherdream an IP address, or connect it via a router as you mentioned because the router already contains a DHCP server and will automatically assign it an IP. The latter is how I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    I believe the Etherdream requires an IP address and I also believe normal PCs won't simply assign one when plugging things directly into their ethernet ports. I didn't get the etherdream to work that way anyway. I think you either need to install a DHCP server on your machine to assign the etherdream an IP address, or connect it via a router as you mentioned because the router already contains a DHCP server and will automatically assign it an IP. The latter is how I did it.
    etherdream will time out and self assign a 169. ip address if no dhcp server is located. your host pc should do exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    etherdream will time out and self assign a 169. ip address if no dhcp server is located. your host pc should do exactly the same thing.
    Hmm, well as said that didn't work on my machine, maybe OP has a similar problem. Maybe there's an easy fix but connecting it via a router should work right away anyway.