Thread: Troubleshooting DAC and galvo

Default Troubleshooting DAC and galvo

Hi, still very new to lasers. I'm running LSX on pc side of Mac. I'm using Etherdream, Chinese galvos, amps and my 405 nm laser.
    In LSX, when I turn on the ILDA test pattern it projects just fine and the image looks correct.. however the mirrors just stop moving after about one minute and I cannot get it to turn back on until I quit LSX and reopen the software and it works fine for another minute.
    I'm trying to figure out if the problem is with the software or with DAC, amps etc... Any ideas?
    Last edited by leif26; 01-12-2017 at 22:02.

I had that sort of experience when fooling around with an Etherdream DAC I had for awhile. Could be the DAC but that's just a hunch. I fixed it by selling the DAC to someone else.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i've never seen this issue and i've been using etherdreams successfully for years. please tell us more about your setup and the connection between the computer and the etherdream. also, take notice of the lights on the etherdream when the test pattern is being displayed. do the change when the test pattern stops displaying?

can you play any of the shows that came with LSX?

Quote Originally Posted by leif26 View Post
    Hi, still very new to lasers. I'm running LSX on pc side of Mac. I'm using Etherdream, Chinese galvos, amps and my 405 nm laser.
    In LSX, when I turn on the ILDA test pattern it projects just fine and the image looks correct.. however the mirrors just stop moving after about one minute and I cannot get it to turn back on until I quit LSX and reopen the software and it works fine for another minute.
    I'm trying to figure out if the problem is with the software or with DAC, amps etc... Any ideas?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.