Thread: Anyone recognise this ion laser?

Default Anyone recognise this ion laser?

Spotted an ion laser on ebay, shipping is a bit pricey though! It doesn't look very familiar though, wondering if anyone recognised it.

There's tons of stuff being delivered to the UK from Poland everyday. I'm sure you could find a courier to pop it in the back of his van/lorry at a fraction of that price.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I know, I had an engine block shipped from Poland for about £80, no idea where he got his price from.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I have a request into some one who will know, I think I know what it is, but I'll ask its possible designer to be sure..
    He's in California, so this will take a while...

Its not a production device... In fact, if its what I think it is, its a prototype...

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 01-19-2017 at 06:50.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Cheers Steve; probably a bit of a risky purchase if it's a prototype I would guess.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

A few decades ago the Polish state research agency was happily funding research into making tubes locally, based on the Coherent Innova design. Including for medical devices, and air cooled variants.
    Many research papers have came out of this, I've read a few of them. Your looking at a "Laser-Tech" Ion Laser, a spinoff of a Polish University Research Institute....
    ~
    What threw me for a loop at first is the magnet is painted the nearly the same shade of Blue as a
    Ion laser Technology Water Cooled laser. Yes, ILT made wet systems besides air cooled systems...
    ~
    The Polish researchers did some interesting work on Mixed Gas lasers and non lasing "Additives" to the gas mixtures...
    Look at the pictures of a Coherent Innova medical system like a 900 or 920, then look at the Polish Magnet...
    !~

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ...Your looking at a "Laser-Tech" Ion Laser, a spinoff of a Polish University Research Institute.... ...Look at the pictures of a medical system like a 900 or 920....
    Hmm, most curious.. I was going to venture to say a 'custom-modded' American 920 (based on the length, vs a 900..) but.. Can't make any sense of that PSU.. No (visible / obvious..) passbank, nor seeing a 'switching' FET-bank, like the Americans / some 1Ø Lexels.. Wierd little supply.. Almost reminds me of Gary Stadlers 'Aurora' air-cooled, but.. Again, not seeing the guts I'd expect-to, even for one of those??

Interesting, nonetheless. ..One for 'Eidectic's Museum, for sure, if it warn't so far away..

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...