Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum for my study

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    perhaps a PM would get you the answers...

Jerry
    Already tried that. No answer.

Done http://www.hobbylasers.com/viewforum.php?f=62

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I finally got around to checking out that new forum. Would it be possible to create a new subforum over there called "Laser Lumia Specific Questions That Neither Have To Do With Projects nor Components"?

Been a member of PL and LPF for many years

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Out of curiosity, who are you hobbylaser? I've never seen you around before, lpf or pl.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyLasers View Post
    No, those subforums are about general questions, projects, and components.

Holy overflowing sub-forums, batman!

While I applaud any effort to help spread knowledge about lasers to other hobbyists, your HobbyLasers forum has *way* too much granularity when it comes to individual discussion topics. As Gary already hinted at above, you have three separate sub-forums just to talk about Lumia. That's insane. There is no good reason to split them out like that (and several reasons not to).

If you want your forum to be usable, you need to be far more general in your topic groupings. Until you have lots and lots of traffic, having that many sub-groups is actually a problem that will drive people away. I would suggest you consolidate topics and get your total number of groups down to less than 10.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

While I applaud any effort to help spread knowledge about lasers to other hobbyists, your HobbyLasers forum has *way* too much granularity when it comes to individual discussion topics. As Gary already hinted at above, you have three separate sub-forums just to talk about Lumia. That's insane. There is no good reason to split them out like that (and several reasons not to).

If you want your forum to be usable, you need to be far more general in your topic groupings. Until you have lots and lots of traffic, having that many sub-groups is actually a problem that will drive people away. I would suggest you consolidate topics and get your total number of groups down to less than 10.

Adam
    Exactly what I told earsandeggs. We had way more topics on there than we do now. I told him to have a few for now and when or if we gain more traffic then we can add more.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyLasers View Post
    Been a member of PL and LPF for many years
    That worries me because you signed up with your new account this month. It's against the rules on lpf and I believe here on pl to have multiple accounts.

Thank you for your advice Adam. I will consider your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Exactly what I told earsandeggs. We had way more topics on there than we do now. I told him to have a few for now and when or if we gain more traffic then we can add more.
    I let the registered users decide for now how the forum will evolve. Feel free to become one.

Spec, how about you resolve the IP's and tell us who this is since the user has broken your multiple account rule and avoids the direct question of who he is.

Also though it may not seem like it, I appreciate your desire to fill a void in the hobby.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Spec, how about you resolve the IP's and tell us who this is since the user has broken your multiple account rule and avoids the direct question of who he is.
    Does it really matter who it is?