Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum for my study

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Does it really matter who it is?
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Spec, how about you resolve the IP's and tell us who this is since the user has broken your multiple account rule and avoids the direct question of who he is.

Also though it may not seem like it, I appreciate your desire to fill a void in the hobby.
    I don't have a multiple account rule here, though it's a good idea. Won't ding him for a rule that didn't exist at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Funny how the banners on PL (which are perfectly blockable by any decent adblock browser plugin) drive somebody away, while LPF compares to PL like Times Square to a wooden sign advertising the local farmer's market.
    Again, Everyone:

Install ublock Origin and the someonewhocares zero host file.

THE ADS ARE NOT FOR YOU. They are for drive by users or people that just come here to scrape the files/database. The goal is to not get rich, it's to cover the bloody bills. If I wanted a cash grab I would have rewrite rules to adfly/malware hosts or sold this to any number of forum holding companies in the past.

As an aside, Lumia has been added here: https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...y.php/58-Lumia

I'm going to go back to packing this site up and prepping it for a move to a dedicated box. Have fun party people.

Does it really matter who it is?
    It kinda does for a few reasons. 1. If the person has an account both on lpf and here then why not use that account to promote his/her new forum? 2. A previous banned member for scamming multiple people. Would you want to be a part of a forum where the admin is a scammer?

But maybe I'm just being a nervous nancy

I was wondering why this shadow of few posts is so eager to put my site in some sci-fi scenario, and then i remembered that he too posted about a new forum recently. This does look like he is upset about another forum existing.

https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...796#post334796

shadow, you do not need to justify any reason to be so rude to people, if you know them or not. You will eventually run out of ideas and make efforts on your own forum. I write your forum because you use "we" often in your comments which implies something. We who? You and your friends who made earsandeggs maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    It kinda does for a few reasons. 1. If the person has an account both on lpf and here then why not use that account to promote his/her new forum? 2. A previous banned member for scamming multiple people. Would you want to be a part of a forum where the admin is a scammer?

But maybe I'm just being a nervous nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Not really.

I don't have a multiple account rule here, though it's a good idea. Won't ding him for a rule that didn't exist at the time.

Again, Everyone:

Install ublock Origin and the someonewhocares zero host file.

THE ADS ARE NOT FOR YOU. They are for drive by users or people that just come here to scrape the files/database. The goal is to not get rich, it's to cover the bloody bills. If I wanted a cash grab I would have rewrite rules to adfly/malware hosts or sold this to any number of forum holding companies in the past.

As an aside, Lumia has been added here: https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...y.php/58-Lumia

I'm going to go back to packing this site up and prepping it for a move to a dedicated box. Have fun party people.

Thank you for your input,

i too wondered about ways to prevent data harvesting and all i can think of is a forum with guest limitations.

As i wrote in the OP my forum intentions are pretty specific aimed at working with Laser Diodes. Yes i was asked to add another category and i added it but this does not in anyway contribute to any idea that hobbylasers will end up as a copy of lpf which is overloaded. HobbyLasers was an idea i had for a few years of creating a forum for me and a few other friends where we could discuss various methods of working with LDs nothing more. Facebook was a thought too but i have zero trust in an online system which appears to be intended to expose everyone, who they are, who they are connected too and lots of photos to compliment. So forums are the way to go.

And admin, wish you fun and no losts tables with the server migration.

Admim HobbyLasers.com

If HobbyLasers does have another account on LPF or PL.. I would
    like to know those Forum UserNames as a point of reference.
    After all if he has 2 accounts here and it is allowed then why hide
    one ??

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

All this worrying about who HobbyLasers is is exactly the same type of crap that goes on at LPF. Go back over there with that. Shadow, you only have 40 posts over here. I don't consider you a member of this community enough to be asking who someone is. Worry about your own business. I have no idea who HobbyLasers is. I don't know or care if he is a douche or is a good guy. But, all he did was come over here and mention he has a new forum and now a few of you needs to know who he is for "point of reference" and because it worries them or makes them nervous. You guys are irritating me.

I would recon that it exists many users with multiple accounts on many forums, would you expect a forum administrator to tell you who they are just because you "like to know" are not a member of www.HobbyLasers.com ? I cannot actuall know if you registered or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    If HobbyLasers does have another account on LPF or PL.. I would
    like to know those Forum UserNames as a point of reference.
    After all if he has 2 accounts here and it is allowed then why hide
    one ??

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

My bad, I must have remembered incorrectly, in some of the James heydays I thought you weeded his multiple accounts and enforced Ban.

To Hobbylasers my apologies as I thought it was breaking the rules.
    leading in trailing technology

No problem, happy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post

To Hobbylasers my apologies as I thought it was breaking the rules.

All this worrying about who HobbyLasers is is exactly the same type of crap that goes on at LPF. Go back over there with that. Shadow, you only have 40 posts over here. I don't consider you a member of this community enough to be asking who someone is. Worry about your own business. I have no idea who HobbyLasers is. I don't know or care if he is a douche or is a good guy. But, all he did was come over here and mention he has a new forum and now a few of you needs to know who he is for "point of reference" and because it worries them or makes them nervous. You guys are irritating me.
    Just curious...
    No need to get get your panties in a bunch....

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyLasers View Post
    I would recon that it exists many users with multiple accounts on many forums, would you expect a forum administrator to tell you who they are just because you "like to know" are not a member of www.HobbyLasers.com ? I cannot actuall know if you registered or not.
    The post was not aimed at the Admin on PL.... it was aimed at you...
    You're the one that opened that can of double accounts worms...

I really don't care if you have 100 accounts. It was a simple foray into your
    response. Got what I was looking for. Thanks

BTW...if that is the attitude of the admin on your Forum... then no thanks...
    Good luck with that...

Jerry
    Last edited by lasersbee; 01-30-2017 at 13:34.
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions