Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: New Forum for my study

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Why would it have been so had to come on as andy and say hey guys I got a new forum I put together. I know this ones great too but come on over and check it out. Why the underhanded use of a different name. Doing that makes my skin crawl and for me to stay away. Sort of like "here little kid have a sucker, just a little closer now, that's it, GOT YA."
    Most of the posts I do get slated by the same individuals ( I even know which members will turn up to write negative comments on my post as I hit the submit button ) . So no matter what approach I take, the result would likely be the same. I just gave the children an easy excuse. The same children who are pretty active at slagging off anything new, software, hardware, forums, you name it they will slate it.

I find most of the comments amusing, childish and a lot pointless even reading or answering.

Creating www.HobbyLasers.com with a new username was not intended to be secretive at all, actually it was to protect the username from somebody else taking it and later using it against the new forum.

I feel there are corporations trying to kill the hobby forums, corporations trying to force people to use there's. Another reason for the new forum is to not be forced to use one of these companies forums or Facebook pages, where they can control the content ( Shut us up ) and even delete posts they do not favor. If people do not want to join my forum, I do not care at all. It exists, people are joining and people will continue to join.

HobbyLasers account was simply Protecting my interests, So what if none of the forums members can understand that, its a bit tough for them.

Last thing, your comment about money being had here. I never joined PL to use it as a selling tool. I do shows mate and have since 1983. I worked even in Romania for over 7 years without a single competitor. The only Laser show supplier in a country with 18million people. Now we have a lot of Lightspace Projectors and indeed our company does less shows, but we also charge more for them so the money balances out kind of the same. I also have another growing business creating custom CNC parts and other metalwork, I also do custom electronics and basic software for our customers. I am busier than I have been for 20 years. Earning more money and trying actually to do less work. The rest does not matter.

Have a nice Sunday.

Andy

Stated and answered. I respect the thoughtful tone.
    I just realized on the money part and anger towards hobby over the last year or so that I have confused you with a different pl member. I had used their name but I deleted it. Why add more fuel. I revoke that charge. Good luck with the new forum. Plant your seed and let it grow but at least we know who planted it in which pot.

Kindness mercy love and joy
    i go to play with my laser toy

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    I feel there are corporations trying to kill the hobby forums, corporations trying to force people to use there's. Another reason for the new forum is to not be forced to use one of these companies forums or Facebook pages, where they can control the content ( Shut us up ) and even delete posts they do not favor. If people do not want to join my forum, I do not care at all. It exists, people are joining and people will continue to join.
    I heard Donald Trump is considering a ban on new hobby forums. Good thing you got yours created in the nick of time. The war on hobby forums won't be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I heard Donald Trump is considering a ban on new hobby forums. Good thing you got yours created in the nick of time. The war on hobby forums won't be pretty.
    Alec Baldwin is working on that right now- I heard he's going to employ a couple sock puppets in his next skit...

It's amazing how Andy calls everyone children when he does worse. Everything is covered by a lie. He talks like he means well but his actions prove otherwise. He brags about how many shows he has done yet can't even handle a diode for testing properly. One of the most incompetent people I have ever seen in the hobby so why do people still join his forum? I don't get it.
    The thread on lpf was deleted yet his two accounts remain unbanned. He must be paying people off.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Oh, don't worry! SELEM isn't going anywhere. But I also host other Laser Enthusiast's Meetings when and where I can. The Florida meets are easy because I have a place to stay in Tavares that is within walking distance of the venue we use, and the place costs me less than $200 to rent. So, yeah, FLEMs are easy to set up.

SELEM is a much bigger production, of course, which is why we have to charge people for admission. (The budget typically exceeds 5 grand these days.) But even so, it's also a hugely popular event, so I plan to keep doing it as long as I can. (And should there ever come I time when I can't do it, I know a few folks that would probably be willing to take it over for me in my absence.) It's gotten so large now that it's a huge group effort anyway, and those guys aren't going to just let the event die.

Adam
    I just told Zach on skype about SELEM being over 5000 and he said he wasn't surprised XD. That's good to hear it's not going anywhere. I'll be glad to pay the admission whenever I can go to help out.
    Last edited by Shadow; 02-06-2017 at 19:48.

I suspect a little jealousy has taken hold of you shadow. Do not see you slagging off the creator of earsandeggs. Due to your comments, I almost could put a bet that it is your forum.

And you commented there that people are leaving LPF due to the costs, but costs, i think more likely leaving because of insulting users like yourself,. people really do not go on forums to read your BS. You drive good people away....to other forums. Be critical as much as you like HobbyLasers.com is not going to go away because of you or anyone else who wants to insult it. Better to put your effort onto promoting your forum than insulting others but feel free to continue digging your own hole and insulting yourself.

All the Best

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    I suspect a little jealousy has taken hold of you shadow. Do not see you slagging off the creator of earsandeggs. Due to your comments, I almost could put a bet that it is your forum.

And you commented there that people are leaving LPF due to the costs, but costs, i think more likely leaving because of insulting users like yourself,. people really do not go on forums to read your BS. You drive good people away....to other forums. Be critical as much as you like HobbyLasers.com is not going to go away because of you or anyone else who wants to insult it. Better to put your effort onto promoting your forum than insulting others but feel free to continue digging your own hole and insulting yourself.

All the Best

Andy

That post you quoted says nothing about lpf at all let alone the reason why people are leaving it. In fact I have never said that people leave lpf because of costs. Do you have cognitive issues? I'm generally concerned.
    You say I drive good people away. Please show this evidence that which you speak of.
    Let's be real here, you're just pulling stuff from your rear, like usual. I don't care if your forum goes away or not I am worried about what your users experience based on how you're running the place. As mentioned by others you're questionable as an admin.
    I don't insult your forum. Whoever is doing that isn't me. Also the earsandeggs forum is not mine but I did make the banner. I see that you changed the default theme of your website to match earsandeggs however. Perhaps that's you being petty?
    I don't need to focus on promoting the website to be honest. It was just a concept between a few of us and we made it about a year or so ago so still no rush to get it going but thank you for worrying about it
    Last edited by Shadow; 02-06-2017 at 23:01.

As usual, it does not take long for the truth to come out and to see motivations for specific behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    He means me. I'm the returning banned member. I'm only saying this in public because I trust that Spec is a good guy based on his counter arguments in this thread alone. I had a bad collision with heroic a bunch of years ago while sticking up for masterpj and it didn't end well for me. I hope everyone allows me to stay.
    Banned before..ey!, that is good credibility.

http://earsandeggs.prophpbb.com/

They got a laser section among others. Looks pretty interesting. Weird name though but I kinda like it. Anyone see it before? Seems new.
    Ohh, so here you imply that you do not know who ears and eggs is.

Ah. Banner looks sick though.
    Great banner yes, you also wrote on a post that you created it.
    Also the earsandeggs forum is not mine but I did make the banner.

We at http://earsandeggs.prophpbb.com/ were hoping to replace lpf only and not pl. Honestly LPF is a trashcan for the hobby. A rep gang took over the forum and pushed all of the good people away from it. The outrageous expected donations of 400 dollars has not been met for a long time now. We should combine our forums together to cover what PL does not. That way PL won't get overloaded with morons looking to burn the ass hairs off of their cats.
    So you are hoping to replace LPF :-)) I was sure eventually the truth would appear.

I don't need to focus on promoting the website to be honest. It was just a concept between a few of us and we made it about a year or so ago so still no rush to get it going but thank you for worrying about it
    Funny you made it a year ago, but on 01-19-2017 you claimed to not know anything about it. You little Liar :-))

You are such an anti social little boy who forgets easily the lies you write, constantly contradicting even your own posts.

You consistently lie on your posts, one moment claiming to not know who is ears and eggs and then later writing that you have a plan to replace LPF and that you created ears and eggs .

Users reading this should consider this guy another trouble maker, maybe time he was again ....... banned :-))

Or maybe going back to school for some more education may help

So Shadow as I wrote a few post back you had a motivation for your insulting posts, now the truth is out and I wish you luck to quickly edit all your posts. But no need to bother, I took screen shots too. Just like the one bellow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	51698

Andy
    Last edited by andyf97; 02-07-2017 at 02:56. Reason: Bad Grama Day

Andy, you need help. Please seek some counseling.

Andy - seriously - Shut up already.

You're just arguing to hear yourself talk. Everyone else has moved on. We all know you have a new forum. Whoopee. If people want to check it out, they will. Continuing to belabor the point here just demonstrates why I have no interest in joining your new forum.

And Shadow - just drop it. You're not going to convince him. Let it pass and move on. There are more important things to worry about!

Adam