Thread: Flickering & Distorted Shapes

Question Flickering & Distorted Shapes

Hi All

I recently bought two super cheap Laserworld Ecolines (200RGY 2014 & 2015) and have been having a spot of bother setting them up.
    They seem plenty bright enough and physically look in good condition, although I've not opened them up and I wouldn't know what was wrong if I did.

Essentially I have three problems, two of which are relevant to this forum!
    1. When connecting via DMX (The only option other than Dip switch or Sound control) the Laser doesn't seem to follow the address set, adding 1 to the value, so if I only turn on switch 1, the first channel in the manual actually corresponds to Channel 2, anyway I'll work that one out.
    2. First actual laser problem: The shapes are horribly distorted and don't come close to what I'd expect to see nor what I have seen when looking at product videos, is this a hardware fault?
    3. The lasers don't appear to have a variable scan speed alike an ILDA laser, rather they have a preset speed because they have a fixed set of animations. However whenever I choose one of the still shapes or the animations they flicker terribly, even a simple Line doesn't appear to be a line and the scanning is super obvious. Again I'm not sure what is causing this.

I've attached some photos and a video, the problem is identical on both models leading me to fear they're just a tad rubbish. The photos show it apparently displaying a straight line, which as you can see is made up of numerous circles.
    Video - https://vid.me/rS2k
    Photo Gallery - http://imgur.com/a/BFLvl
    If anyone could help I'd be super grateful as I haven't got a clue whats going on in regards to the shape distortion nor the scanning speed problem.
    Many Thanks

Hi,

this Lasers do not have Galvos on Board. Only stepper Motors. And that's incredible slow and inaccurate. Sorry. You got what you pay for.

Matze

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Correct, those are stepper motors not galvos. They are not going to have any sort of precision. They are more for visibly seeing beams in the air once you add some haze or fog and not what the pattern on the wall looks like anyway. They're not for graphics, just aerial effects.
    PM Sent...