Thread: CampLEM Mark I - May 11th-14th 2017 - Northern California

Blog Entries

Laser Warning CampLEM Mark I - May 11th-14th 2017 - Northern California

CampLEM Logo.jpg

Hey everyone,

I've been talking about doing this for a number of years now and so I figure it's time it happened. This will basically be a camping trip with lasers--and a few amenities one might not typically have while camping, like a shower, running water, and electricity. There is a 6KW Honda generator onsite, which should be enough power for most solid-state lasers, etc. I don't currently have any plans for audio, so if you have some sound you'd like to bring, let me know and we can figure out power.

There is a Shasta - Trinity National Forest campground adjacent to the general store at the front of the property that has a number of no-fee camping sites. In addition to this, there are numerous locations around Deer Lick Springs that are very well suited for camping. I will update the thread soon with some additional info and photos of the property. Just wanted to get this posted so you can save the date.

Deer Lick Springs Resort (Owned by PL member Picasso)
    Shasta - Trinity National Forest
    The address is technically: 11185 FS Rd 30N01, Douglas City, CA 96024
    To get there, use Google Maps and navigate to "Deer Lick Springs". Make sure to write down the directions from Hwy 36, in case you have issues with your GPS/phone.

Date:
    May 11th at 12:00pm
    until
    May 14th at 6:00 PM

Cost: FREE
    (Donations for gas/propane are optional.)
    Simply RSVP to me via private message and you'll be added to the attendee list.

Nearby amenities:
    None. We'll be in the middle of nowhere, although there is a general store off 36 in Platina, CA. Alternatively, consider grabbing remaining supplies in Redding or Red Bluff, which are the two closest cities.

Here are some photos of the property (more soon):
    picture-uh=6566cc9d9bbfca1eaeab53f3b6470d4-ps=b683c6866149ffc3431f4ad7b8e7f5d4--Deer-Lick-Spring.jpg20160921_120124.jpg20160918_133615.jpgGoogle Earth Screenshot.jpg

Items of interest:
    - *if you'd like to demo something or have any suggestions, PM me*

Safety note:
    All attendees/guests will be required to sign a general safety waiver, which is standard practice at laser meetings. There will be multiple laser safety officers in attendance, but I think it's good practice to clarify that everyone is responsible for their own safety. Copies will be available onsite, if requested. Also, if anyone is under 18, they will need to have a parent or guardian sign their waiver as well, to be admitted into the event.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by platinum; 02-16-2017 at 17:36.

Sweet! I'm in! ...unless something unavoidable keeps me from making it out there!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    Sweet! I'm in! ...unless something unavoidable keeps me from making it out there!
    Awesome!

I will be requesting time off shortly... I suppose it is time to finish my yurt.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I will be requesting time off shortly... I suppose it is time to finish my yurt.
    That would be pretty rad. Is it a hexayurt or one of the round ones?

Right now quite rectangular and in many pieces. In time it will be round, hopefully full of lumia and a planetarium projector (from Arizona?) if we are lucky.

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Wish I could make it.. nwlem kinda financially killed me

Penciled in my schedule. PM coming.

Thumbs up

Oh, Man..

*Gotta* figure out a way to 'clear the decks' so I can make this.. My Boys *live* for this stuff.. 'Real roughing it' camping is our Favorite thing to do together.. Last time was literally on a giant rock in Sedona with nothing but mummy-packs, canned food/water and a good axe... All gonna depend if I can 'clear the decks' / get the Peeps taken care of, I need to take care of, tho.. Got a pretty-gnarly 'backlog'... https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...chmentid=51168 Question, tho:

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    ...This will basically be a camping trip...--and a few amenities one might not typically have while camping, like a shower, running water, and electricity. There is a 6KW Honda generator onsite...
    ..So - you use the word "and", suggesting.. There IS a shower, running water and wall-juice, onsite? I was under the impression, Not. Which is fine, but.. If there Are such 'amenities', then my 'offerings' aren't as helpful..

..If Not, I can offer to bring:

- Pair of EON 15s and a Sub..
    - One of these pups: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...fd78dd9d79.jpg ..and a 55 Gal Black-poly drum, (which heats-up very quickly / nicely in the daytime-sun..) with a Hand-pumped hose / Shower-head chochkie... (also have a 12V DC motor/pump for those not inclined to pump..)
    - a 2kW Genny (for sound / aux lights (?) and a 20# tank of Propane..
    - A Very Good Axe

..Also, does yer Honda-6k have 220-240 outputs, or just 110? If-so.. will it do at least 20-30A of 220-240? I ask for Obvious reasons.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn8i-ThVdaY Lemme know..

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    ...if you'd like to demo something or have any suggestions...
    DSLI_BF30_Beam3.jpg

..Again, we'll see.. Gotta clear my 'backlog', first, but.. Things Are starting to look up / progress / move forward, a bit.. https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...494#post335494
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fenny View Post
    Wish I could make it.. nwlem kinda financially killed me
    Maybe things will change and you'll be able to make it. Keep the hope alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    Penciled in my schedule. PM coming.
    Good to hear!

I am in! Who's got a geodesic dome?

-Sal

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    I am in! Who's got a geodesic dome?

-Sal
    Robin and Jonathan do know a few people with large domes... but they would probably take the whole time to put up/down. My Costco kids geodesic dome Doesn't cut it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Robin and Jonathan do know a few people with large domes... but they would probably take the whole time to put up/down. My Costco kids geodesic dome Doesn't cut it.
    I'll ask around.

Lasers and domes do go well together. Count me in on this.
    9136421955_a44698b50f_b.jpg