Thread: Evenly spaced dots/lines

Laser Warning Evenly spaced dots/lines

Hey PL,

I'm trying to create a series of dots along a line, multiple dots arranged in a line, or multiple small vertical lines that are evenly spaced and can be used for measurements. I'm using Beyond, and I've hit a bit of a snag as I can only freehand it with parametric vertical lines and then copy paste as best I can with the eyeball and coordinates, But It's not perfect. I need mathematical accuracy, is there any method y'all know about that I can use to create these lines or dots with numerical value spacing? Thanks!

-Grant

LaserBoy can do exactly what you need.

It lets you draw points, lines and figures by coordinates.

You can also copy and move, scale and rotate objects by coordinates.

If you are interested in how you can PM me.

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=551.0

James.
    Last edited by james; 02-27-2017 at 16:16.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

THANK YOU JAMES! I was able to use symmetry correction in Beyond, they line up perfectly and are accurate now. I do have one more question: the lines scan from the middle to the left and then middle to the right, is there a way for it to scan completely from left to right or vice-versa in one scan?

Yes. But you need to return to your original drawing. If you think about it, it was made in the right order.

If you optimize your frame with option s in menu h, LB minimizes the frame first then it applies a series of points adding optimization steps. Part of minimizing is to find out how to draw the frame in the shortest path starting from the center of the screen. This probably results in reversing the stroke of some of the lit segments in the frame. That's why the strokes in your frame flip-flop; even though they were all drawn in the same direction.

Once again, if you go into menu u and turn on option g you can see the order in time that the frame will be scanned when you spin the camera around.

Hmmm. Actually, if you followed my instructions exactly, you got a blank line from the center to the first line in the frame. You don't need that.

So if you start over, right after you render the first little line, [esc] back to the main menu and go into menu h. Hit k to minimized the frame and it will get rid of the blank line from the origin to the first point of the line. If there is only one line segment in the frame you don't need to worry about minimize changing the order of scanned segments. Now when you copy and move the line your drawing will have nothing but a set of lines that start on the far left.

Do not optimize the frame at all. Just save it as is and see what happens.

That should solve two issues. Your lines will all be stroked in the same direction and you will be scanning from the far left to the far right.

Does that make sense?
    Last edited by james; 03-29-2017 at 09:57.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.