Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Simpledrive (5) issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    Huh? I only need 10% humidity in a room condition and few days for brass to dull and not shine anymore.
    Maybe you'd think all of my mounts are dull, but even if it has a tiny bit of oxidation, I wouldn't think it would seriously impact their ability to radiate heat. That said, I deal with lower power diodes, so I am no expert.

Thank you dude.
    I'm not sending bad vibes, I swear! Just warning as that's a signal that my diodes are over-driven.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Maybe you'd think all of my mounts are dull, but even if it has a tiny bit of oxidation, I wouldn't think it would seriously impact their ability to radiate heat
    Well yeah, that's very much possible. Some pro aluminum housings are even anodized and people aren't complaining, but then I wonder what's Bbe done I haven't done.
    Maybe my thermal paste is so bad it even has the opposite effect. I don't know. I'd wait for Bbe to reply and see what he thinks I'm missing.

I'm not sending bad vibes, I swear! Just warning as that's a signal that my diodes are over-driven.
    hehe, we're all having fun here. But if we are serious, over-driven means driving the diode at higher current it is rated for , not to a point it heats above it's max running temperature, right?
    I understand that both can kill a precious diode, I'm just saying if it overheats well below its max operating current than maybe the problem is the heat transfer, not current.

I used the first paste I got in my hands - in my opinion, from noctua cooler
    I'd wait for Bbe to reply and see what he thinks I'm missing.
    Btw, your kit is going back to you)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbe View Post
    I used the first paste I got in my hands - in my opinion, from noctua cooler
    I got a different brand, an expensiver one, but I feel like the paste isn't the issue here. Haven't tested it yet.
    Can you please describe how you improved the thermal junction again? What parts did you polish? The back and bottom of the housing and back of the diode only or the side walls around the diode as well? And what did you use to polish them? I did some polishing with a rubber dremel bit but didn't notice any improvement in thermal conductivity.

Btw, your kit is going back to you)
    Nice, I'll have a look how good the housing performs compared to the one I have here.
    Also, please pm me about what you spent for the shipping, I wasted enough of your time already, don't want to waste your money too.