Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2017 Sign up thread

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

shouldn't the twitter feed be laser projected?

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Maybe it sounds too easy, but perhaps a laptop or monitor with a running a browser with live #selem11 twitter feed? (or perhaps #selemgoestoeleven ) People can access it via computer, mobile device, etc. It kinda overlaps with the GroupMe announcements, also.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    Hey y'all! I'm super excited about SELEM 11!

I'm especially looking forward about speaking with others that write lasing software. I've written some open source laser software in Python and Rust (a modern "C++ replacement"), and I'd love to collaborate with others. An algorithms talk would be fantastic. I'd also be incredibly interested having a "hackathon" to build something--perhaps an interactive game or demo.

I've written open source EtherDream bindings, but I'm looking to write software for other open source DAC hardware as well. One of my goals is to create an open source hardware abstraction layer that can speak a variety of DAC protocols. If anyone has some DACs for me to try or purchase at a discount, I'd be interested in this as well.
    Honestly, I would just stick with the Etherdream. It's pretty affordable and ethernet connected. I haven't used mine much (My first network DAC was the RIYA MultiBus) but I see it as current?

With regards to signage stuff, I have experience with LED scrollers and some of the free software like Xibo and soon whatever the thing was that I found. But the easier the better and now I'm finding out wifi not so much at this venue.

Not sure if this should get it's own thread or not, but does the disco room want my now 3 meter wide x 1 meter high LED screen to hang center front? Or do you all prefer to keep it unlit at all times up front? If so -- let me know ASAP so I can pick up a laptop and VJ software and pile in a ton of clips.

I believe I'm going to bring the video rig for the disco room for live streaming, and should have a h265/h264 encoder widget by event (or will borrow a h264 from MAGFest) that can feed twitch/youtube/rtsp/etc)

Here is my hardware list -- this is what I've got sitting around. Make requests:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

so that's a really interesting idea...

i was going to ask about having a screen and projector setup in there so we could make abstracts and graphics in time to the thumpy thumpy music.

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Not sure if this should get it's own thread or not, but does the disco room want my now 3 meter wide x 1 meter high LED screen to hang center front? Or do you all prefer to keep it unlit at all times up front? If so -- let me know ASAP so I can pick up a laptop and VJ software and pile in a ton of clips.

I believe I'm going to bring the video rig for the disco room for live streaming, and should have a h265/h264 encoder widget by event (or will borrow a h264 from MAGFest) that can feed twitch/youtube/rtsp/etc)

Here is my hardware list -- this is what I've got sitting around. Make requests:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Oh, I've spoken to buffo and Brad about this, but I'll be bringing 25 of these uplights to sell for $20 each:

I bought them for our wedding last year, and don't need them anymore. All tested and working. Many different modes and DMX capable. Yes, they are cheap chinese units, but they wanted to charge us $1200 to RENT uplights for 6 hours. I just bought them for half that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    so that's a really interesting idea...

i was going to ask about having a screen and projector setup in there so we could make abstracts and graphics in time to the thumpy thumpy music.
    I like it!

At FLEM part II this year, we had an "abstract jam". With the participants following a few VERY basic "zone" guidelines, it turned out very cool!

Frank and I did a variant on this idea at the end of the night where we (very organically) traded back and forth between beams and abstracts to the entire Daft Punk "Alive" album.

I could definitely see something like this working in both the theater AND club.

Yeah that was awesome. We had the Z5s making some cool shit side by side. Then the daft punk at the end of the night was really fun.

I have also been tossing around the idea of making LSX abstracts to live thumpy thumpy music but wasn't sure about a screen. I do not own one big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    I like it!

At FLEM part II this year, we had an "abstract jam". With the participants following a few VERY basic "zone" guidelines, it turned out very cool!

Frank and I did a variant on this idea at the end of the night where we (very organically) traded back and forth between beams and abstracts to the entire Daft Punk "Alive" album.

I could definitely see something like this working in both the theater AND club.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

I have access to two 8' x 6' fastfold screens. They're older and da-lite sticky. Would be best not to put holes in them :-)

I have access to two 8' x 6' fastfold screens. They're older and da-lite sticky. Would be best not to put holes in them :-)
    can they be hung from the truss?

It would be cool if we could hang them so we had a 6 foot tall 16 foot wide screen. That would provide enough room to have graphics projectors intermingling together.
    Last edited by SaltyRobot; 07-11-2017 at 09:11. Reason: Didn't notice there were potentially two screens
    Watching Lasers Since 1981