Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2017 Sign up thread

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    It would be cool if we could hang it so we had a 6 foot tall 8 foot wide screen. That would provide enough room (I think) to have 2 -3 graphics projectors intermingling together.
    make it so, number 1.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I have (and have brought in the past but, not put up) 3 large scrims that could possibly be used in the gym and hung from the rafters and you could rear project through them. They're I believe, about 16 feet wide and 12-14 feet high.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I have (and have brought in the past but, not put up) 3 large scrims that could possibly be used in the gym and hung from the rafters and you could rear project through them. They're I believe, about 16 feet wide and 12-14 feet high.
    please bring!

also... lattes
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

They can be hung -- sure, but there is a black border around each screen that snaps to the frame. Also, now you are talking about front projecting which means in the disco room you will need projectors in the middle of the room on the floor keystoned up or some other rigging.

Another option (and I don't have the surface material stuff for this) might be to fire from behind and upwards through a scrim that is hanging from the truss, and I even have a spare fastfold frame I think from some unsold stuff that I could perhaps give to some lucky person to build a scrimframe?

All this stuff is lightweight so shouldn't add much to the weight of the truss -- but would need to figure out hanging projectors vs hanging screen frames with regards to rigging.

Edit: And then I scroll up and Bradfo has already suggested the scrims I THOUGHT I WAS CRAFTY AND NEW but ... atlas... no.

i think that front projection for graphics / abstracts makes more sense than rear projection / through projection. i don't like the aesthetic of the extraneous beams projecting toward the viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    They can be hung -- sure, but there is a black border around each screen that snaps to the frame. Also, now you are talking about front projecting which means in the disco room you will need projectors in the middle of the room on the floor keystoned up or some other rigging.

Another option (and I don't have the surface material stuff for this) might be to fire from behind and upwards through a scrim that is hanging from the truss, and I even have a spare fastfold frame I think from some unsold stuff that I could perhaps give to some lucky person to build a scrimframe?

All this stuff is lightweight so shouldn't add much to the weight of the truss -- but would need to figure out hanging projectors vs hanging screen frames with regards to rigging.

Edit: And then I scroll up and Bradfo has already suggested the scrims I THOUGHT I WAS CRAFTY AND NEW but ... atlas... no.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Oh, I've spoken to buffo and Brad about this, but I'll be bringing 25 of these uplights to sell for $20 each:

I bought them for our wedding last year, and don't need them anymore. All tested and working. Many different modes and DMX capable. Yes, they are cheap chinese units, but they wanted to charge us $1200 to RENT uplights for 6 hours. I just bought them for half that amount.
    Brad had a set of uplights in the auditorium a couple years ago and I thought they looked awesome. If no one else has snatched all these up I'd like to buy a couple of them.

Sure! There's plenty to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Sure! There's plenty to go around.
    i'll take 5.

(the myth of the killer ape is true)

Oh look at all the laser geeks going incoherent.... Kidding, hell yea for uplighting. I have 12+ color kinetics I could bring if needed, they require being plugged back into a power supply that is proprietary. It would be kind of cool to have some lighting in the courtyard? Mine used to be IP rated let it rain but long story I can tell sometime at SELEM about having to beat them with a hammer to crack all the glass. I didn't reseal them -- but could, keep thinking about it.

Where was I?

Oh yea, do you know of a PE to possibly look into using chain hoists to raise the trusses in the gym without using crankstands? PE to say yay to hanging from the structure.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'll have some of my uplights there for the auditorium this year (same ones as last year) but, I think the majority of my good ones will need to stay here for use at a wedding on Saturday night. What I am planning to bring this year to experiment with are a couple tiny remote control rechargeable pin spots for the control stations in the auditorium. They're magnetic so, my thought is put them on the railing of the balcony pointed down right over the consoles. Maybe use a colored filter so they're not too bright but just enough light to see better if you need to and don't have to run to turn on auditorium lights just to see something for a minute.
    PM Sent...