Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2017 Sign up thread

Thanks Ethan! Much obliged!

Be careful with that HIE address and old Tom Toms. They will take you to a Jack in the Box restaurant that isn't even close.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    Any thoughts on the SELEM 11 logo?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM11logo.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	52606

The final artwork proofs for the shirts were approved today.

Huge thank-you to everyone who submitted their ideas. The winning design came from Adam Raugh (Araugh).

Adam

Like all great works of art, all I did was steal someone else's idea and present it as my own.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    Like all great works of art, all I did was steal someone else's idea and present it as my own.
    talent borrows. genius steals. (oscar wilde, possibly)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Cool New location for pre-SELEM dinner party on Tuesday, Aug 8th...

By the way, we have a new restaurant to try out for the "pre-SELEM Dinner Party"...

The old Artist's Cafe building has been remodeled and re-opened as "The Blue Moon Tavern". The owner is a young guy who is very motivated to succeed with this new venture. I spoke with the town electrician and the Mayor last weekend (was up there doing some last minute scouting), and they both raved about the food at the Blue Moon Tavern.

So I called the owner and gave him the run-down on our group. Short version: he is looking forward to bringing back a time-honored tradition to SELEM! So sometime between 6 PM and 7 PM we will head over there to kick off the pre-SELEM Dinner Party. They will have a craft/microbrew beer tasting going on that night, so the bar will be open late. (Kitchen closes at 9 PM though.) Plan is for our group to take over the upstairs area for dinner, and then move into the lounge area afterwards for drinks.

Only real disappointment is the fact that the comfy couches up in the loft are gone now. But I still think we'll have some fun!

Note that we have access to the venue up until 9 PM on Tuesday, so if load-in runs late, or if someone needs a few hours to finish setting up, some of us can sneak back to the venue after dinner if need be. (Or worst case, if someone decides they can't leave the venue until they are done, we can send food back to them!) But once we're officially out of the venue, there's no reason why we can all hang out at the Blue Moon Tavern - at least until the staff there get pissed off and throw us out!

I did warn the owner that we tended to get a bit loud, and he assured us it wouldn't be an issue. Evidently some pro football dude threw a party there not too long ago, and they went through 4 bottles of Patrone in about 90 minutes... (Sounds suspiciously like the very first SELEM, doesn't it?) Anyway, even that wasn't too much, so I think we will be fine.

Adam

Right around the corner (Literally!) from the Blue Moon is a little antique shop...has Pez display and World's Fair memorabilia rooms. Unfortunately...it closes at 5pm weekdays and 2 on Saturday...but...if doing lunch in town...
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/newton-anti...ctibles-newton A fun 20 minutes or so stop if so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    I had this idea that I actually discussed in IRC of taking Roland drum kit and using it to trigger LSX loops for a cool effect, Cadbury Gorilla style with some cinematic camera movements on rest perhaps. That is, if LSX works the way I think it works with regards to midi and jumping the show pointer around. Maybe that would be a point of interest to get working for the next SELEM?
    If you bring the kit, I'll bring some sticks!

So a Lil random... but I'm an ase certified master tech (automotive)! I was thinking on bringing my snapon ethos scanner. A lot of people are making a decent drive... so if anyone has a check engine light or any issues I can give a look. But I would only like to bring it if there is interest...
    Scanner is limited to 1995 mid year and up.. it's obd 2 based

Does anyone have some black lights we can set up in the cafeteria for the indoor drone racing?
    I was talking to Adam it and we think it would look cool to light up the fluorescent orange pucks that I plan to use for the race track. Not sure how many/bright they would need to be. Enough for the cafeteria though.