Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2017 Sign up thread

I AM SO BUMBED to be missing yet another SELEM..see you all at SELEM 12..

side note of interest

at the other forum there is a thread....

what forum member would you most like to meet in person?
    and YES somebody did mention me..lol

anyhoo
    that got me thinking about how many forum members I have met, in person.
    and the number even surprised me! > 100 just at SELEMs afaik.
    And more at TEXLEMs- and a few others at other meets.

SO.. W/O the LEMs... no way to ever meet that many-- and for sure I have Adam to thank!!

Have a wonderful SELEM ... and to the first-timers... be sure to handshake and Bro hug all there-and swap contact info.
    You are about to meet some of the most awesome people EVER.

ALL LEMs are unique--and SELEM is the unique-est of them all... you are about to attend an event like 'no other'
    and pics can be taken from places that, were you at some 'other' event involving lasers you would be asked to leave.
    AFAIK SELEM has a flawless safety record.... ONLY self-inflected injuries--LOL.
    I am very sure Buffo wants it to stay that way so please be careful and protect both your eyes and your cameras!!
    need advice??? search 'protecting cameras from lasers'

hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Still have not booked a flight

Due to some personal circumstances and some projects at the office, my chances of coming have dropped to 50/50 or so :/

I guess if I'm going its going to be a last minute spur of the moment decision involving a drive up. Already paid registration and non-refundable hotel room so hate for the money and room to go to waste! And of course want to visit with everyone!
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fenny View Post
    Is there an area to sign in/report to?
    Yes. Come around to the rear of the auditorium. You will need to come past the chain-link fence (the gate will be open) and all the way up to the loading dock area. This is where you want to enter.

There is a sign-in table right inside the double-doors at the loading dock. If you can't find anyone in the immediate area to help you, give me a call on my cell phone at (843) 324-0735. We need to get you to sign a waiver and give you a short safety brief before you go anywhere else in the building. We'll also get you a name tag and lanyard, and issue you your SELEM shirt.

place I can place my boxed kvant until i/ we need it?
    Several locations... If you need to have work done on it, it would probably be best to put it in the cafeteria. If it's ready to go, we may put it in the gym or the auditorium. We'll figure that out when you arrive though.

Note also that once you've unloaded all your gear you will need to move your car back out to the main parking lot (beyond the chain link fence). The school administrators won't let us park behind the auditorium anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    I AM SO BUMBED to be missing yet another SELEM..
    Sorry you won't be there, Len. We'll try to take lots of pictures and video though. A couple people were talking about trying a live-feed again, so keep checking in here on the forum. If they get that set up I'm sure they'll post about it here on PL!

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Due to some personal circumstances and some projects at the office, my chances of coming have dropped to 50/50 or so :/
    Aw crap dude... Sorry to hear this. I haven't heard back from Bill yet, but as of Monday he was still planning to come for Saturday at least... I know Aaron is all set, and I think Justin was thinking about coming too? But again, that was as of earlier this week. Hope things work out for you and you can still make the trip! Shoot me a text when your plans firm up...

Adam

I guess if I'm going its going to be a last minute spur of the moment decision involving a drive up. Already paid registration and non-refundable hotel room so hate for the money and room to go to waste! And of course want to visit with everyone!
    PFFT. Get in the car and get it done. We're 1000+ miles out, work is no excuse If you can't make it, though, Im sure there are people that would happily grab your unused room... is it at HIE? Hope to see you there bud!

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Note also that once you've unloaded all your gear you will need to move your car back out to the main parking lot (beyond the chain link fence). The school administrators won't let us park behind the auditorium anymore.

Adam
    Are they still ok with us dumping trailers inside the fence area?

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    PFFT. Get in the car and get it done. We're 1000+ miles out, work is no excuse If you can't make it, though, Im sure there are people that would happily grab your unused room... is it at HIE? Hope to see you there bud!
    I'm just not sure my employer would understand me going to a laser meet...
    Yes I got a suite at the HIE. I suppose I'll know for sure by next week... night not decide till Wednesday lol.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

I'm just not sure my employer would understand me going to a laser meet...
    Yes I got a suite at the HIE. I suppose I'll know for sure by next week... night not decide till Wednesday lol.
    i hope you can make it!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

@buffo!! Thanks adam!! I don't think my clubmax needs work.. I just got it just over a month now from Mr owen.. I just want to contribute!!!
    So I'll have a cm 3000 with fb3 and a laserdock. So if it's needed in the gym or auditorium is there for use. I've only been to nwlem twice now and it was pretty free for all as far as setup.. Jonathan is a great guy and it's too bad he's got a gig to do.
    I also have my cheapo laptop running qs with a glitchy apc mini... imagine that..!
    I'm excited and a Lil nervous to meet so many big laser guys this year! So I really just want to see you guys' stuff. If I can help I'll do my best!!

Signed joe mickel

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Evidently some pro football dude threw a party there not too long ago, and they went through 4 bottles of Patrone in about 90 minutes...
    so what you are saying is we need to kill 5 bottles in 90 minutes? I'm up for the challenge who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fenny View Post
    @buffo!! Thanks adam!! I don't think my clubmax needs work.. I just got it just over a month now from Mr owen.. I just want to contribute!!!
    So I'll have a cm 3000 with fb3 and a laserdock. So if it's needed in the gym or auditorium is there for use. I've only been to nwlem twice now and it was pretty free for all as far as setup.. Jonathan is a great guy and it's too bad he's got a gig to do.
    I also have my cheapo laptop running qs with a glitchy apc mini... imagine that..!
    I'm excited and a Lil nervous to meet so many big laser guys this year! So I really just want to see you guys' stuff. If I can help I'll do my best!!

Signed joe mickel
    If your projector isn't needed anywhere else, you're welcome to add it to my live setup in the gym and give Beyond a go! My theme is "needs moar buttons" - APC40 + APC40mkII + Launchpad mini + touchscreen, 5 or 7 RGB projectors, and a couple of my own builds to add a new wavelength to the madness