Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: SELEM 2017 Sign up thread

Just sent in registration payment, Jeffreythe00 and I will be there, not sure what days yet but I will be bringing lots of stuff to sell super cheap. Everything must go, you are welcome to send PMs if you would like to reserve anything.

-Lots of air cooled ion lasers (JDSU box and cylinder)
    -Spectra Physics SP-127
    -Lightwave Halfnote 2+W 532nm
    -buncha those BW Tek 473nm labbies
    -HGM5 argon tube
    -Coherent Innova 90 argon
    -Large Cambridge galvo set from an industrial YAG engraver
    -Phillips PM3311 oscilloscope
    -SSY1 YAG set
    -HeNe PSUs

Hey there!!!! Money sent... I ama dufus and forgot to do earlier this week. Can't wait to meet all you folks and check it out...

By the by, and I apologize if this has already been asked... any suggestions for lodging for the event? I did a hotels.com search and things seem reasonable, but curious what hotels people are staying at and where the party is.

Cheers!
    'D'
    Dustin L. Derry

Just booked at the red roof Inn in hickory... anyone else?

Blog Entries

Anyone want to split a room at HIE with me?

Quote Originally Posted by StonewolfStudios View Post
    By the by, and I apologize if this has already been asked... any suggestions for lodging for the event? I did a hotels.com search and things seem reasonable, but curious what hotels people are staying at and where the party is.
    A lot of people stay at the Holiday Inn Express, but the block of rooms for SELEM is sold out. You can't get the group rate anymore so I think the cheapest way to book currently is on the website, it was about $10/night less than what they told me on the phone.

I'm looking for a room too. If we can get four to a room for the lowest price/person.

Still looking for a roommate at the Hickory Days Inn from Tuesday August 8th Departing Monday Morn August 14th 2017...Two Double Bed Non Smoking
    Low Low price of $200 each Total for the 6 nights...Over $100 each under the price of Holiday Inn Express!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19 - 25 minutes from Event:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/35.7...2!3e0?hl=en-US

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just discovered there is a 24 hour Waffle House right next door (practically in the parking lot!) for late night meal after kicked out of event. Or even Before heading out.

I will have a rental car and would like to share expenses on transport as well. That would be under $100 each.

Arriving Charlotte Airport via Delta around 12:30pm Tuesday August 8th and departing 1:15pm Monday August 14th if that helps anybody with transportation to and from event.