Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 minute understand DT50

And again, this is a public forum, for you know, discussing things. I still haven't located the rule that says I can only post praise. Reviews can be positive or negative, and everything I have said is based in fact.

Anyways, to be supportive of competitors (which we generally are! Spoke with two other galvo companies today purchasing and exchanging components), I'd be more than happy to purchase a set. Where can I send the PO and Payment? Haven't decided which I want, probably the DT50W system

THE COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ABOVE ARE MINE AND NOT THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    I swear some of y'all though... If you bought and paid for a 2000 sq foot house and the builder only built 1500, you would say "oh who really needs that we paid for anyways"
    space two cylinders anyways.

Buy a V8 truck and the dealer gives you a V6... Who needs thos.. Who needs those extra inches anyways?.... I'll leave that one open e
    Buy a TV that says 50" on the box and you open it and it's 42”.

Buy a bag of chips and you open it and it's half full of air... Ok bad example that happens every day

Buy get my point? Why's it so OK if scanner companies do it?
    Because it's a bad analogy. I don't know why I have to explain this again, but some beam spill is not an issue for most, beam being weaker because of this on the edges of the projection is acceptable for most.
    A better analogy would be "megapixels" in phones. I don't see iphone bashing samsung publicly claiming megapixels by themselves don't mean shit. Sure, they don't, most consumers don't give a shit though.

And again, this is a public forum, for you know, discussing things. I still haven't located the rule that says I can only post praise.
    I didn't say you are breaking rules. Being disrespectful is not illegal, it's still bloody annoying though.

Ill never be able to wrap my head around why I'm always the bad guy for wanting people to post honest specs for their products.
    Well it tells something when it's not the first time you're being criticized for this behavior. First of all, don't make so many posts, it's called spamming. You don't need to do that to make a single point or just get info. Even above, you could edit your post and add more info, not make another one.
    When potential buyers see so much spam and little actually non-technical info they lose interest in searching for actually useful posts , they lose interest in reading more about the product which the seller made this thread for. Intentional or not, it's hurting them.
    Secondly, sarcastic posts such as "good luck with the sales" is extremely disrespectful and obnoxious. Don't pretend it wasn't sarcastic.

You're not in our office every day when we receive 3 to 5 calls a day from people calling and complaining Quickshow isn't working right. We Ask what's wrong? They say the image is flickering and the FB3 must be bad. Nope, just another cheap Chinese laser. "But it must be the Quickshow the seller told me it can do 50k". Yeah, at 2 degrees... Maybe. Or you just downright got lied to.
    Oh boo hoo, everyone has inexperienced customers calling them every day, so do I. That doesn't give you right to come here and do this.

But I'll always continue to stand up for the industry
    This is not standing up for the industry, this is a basic anti-ad targeting another company.

THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE MINE AND NOT THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER
    It doesn't matter what you put in a disclaimer. You work for Pangolin, period.

As for complete scanner and amp kit, anyone considered the idea that we have our own reasons for not wanting to offer one at this time
    The point isn't that you don't have reasons to not ship a complete scanner kit, the point is you wasting time criticizing a complete product which you yourself can't offer when you could be spending the time on something more productive.
    I don't care how many large corporations you please with your own products. It doesn't help *me* as a regular customer whatsoever.

However, our production line has been completed bought and paid for by a few companies. (80 percent of Saturns are used industrially and not in laser light shows). So, they're not being offered to the general public as a system right now. Best and fastest way to get your hands on one is buy a Kvant projector with them already built in and tuned and ready to go
    Nice shameless plug mate, yet again.

Anyways, done highjacking.
    Good.

To the OP, please just post accurate specs about what the scanners can really do. No need to exaggerate or tell part truths - people will still buy the scanners. If you need help with this, please let me know, I would be more than willing to assist, and on my own time too. To Rick, I will mock that scenario up tomorrow.
    THank you. There you go. Wasn't hard now, was it?
    Last edited by Finale; 03-28-2017 at 17:01.

Can't edit posts on android, tried it, hence three posts. At least on my cheap Amazon phone.

Also not too worried about being criticized for demanding accurate specs.

As for doing something else productive, just currently taking a break between coats of paint in my bedroom

You missed my point about inexperienced customers. The problem is they're being lied to, and then improperly placing blame on Pangolin for their issues. If manufacturers posted honest specs, this wouldn't be a problem... also didn't know there are "rights" as to what can and can't be said

I even offered to buy a set

Anyways if this talk is too inappropriate for the forum as implied, please feel free to give a call tomorrow and we can discuss via voice. I'm on an early schedule right now, and will be in the office from 3am to 2pm eastern time or so tomorrow...

Good luck with the sales.
    Good luck with the counterpart.
    Seems I move someone's cheese.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Again can't edit posts but replying to your now edited post

"Beam spill not an issue for most"

Why not just say the diameter of the beam it can move and the applicable angle range. Can also say "galvos can scan wider and larger beam with losses". That would be honest. His mirror set will do an honest 5mm beam through approximately 40 degrees. If he had said, "5mm beam 40 degrees, galvo can scan wider with beam spillage” I would literally have zero issues and likely never have even commented. In fact I likely would have said "thanks for the honest specs and good luck with the sales".

Never said anything about the scanner either, or speed. The DT series is a decent scanner. Mirror specs is just what has me irked.

Just. Be. Honest.

Saying 5mm beam 85 degrees is deceptive as hell and everyone knows it.

Because... of... MARKETING. God dammit man, is one time not enough for you? Get every company to be honest like that (which they won't, because of, well, marketing) then you can demand that from one company. You're literally like if one cellphone company all of a sudden started blaming and demanding other cellhpone manufacturing companies to not abuse the "megapixel" thing.

You missed my point about inexperienced customers. The problem is they're being lied to, and then improperly placing blame on Pangolin for their issues. If manufacturers posted honest specs, this wouldn't be a problem
    No, I didn't miss the point, but you can't say because an inexperienced customer blames you for someone else's product then you have the right to do this to that someone. Now, if that someone was the one telling the inexperienced user that their issues was because of your product that would be a different story.
    And by the way, if someone doesn't understand enough about how scanners work to get this I wonder how they are even trusted to operate a eye and fire hazard which is a laser projector to use your software and call you in the first place.

also didn't know there are "rights" as to what can and can't be said
    Let's see, "you're a fucking retard". Just an example of something I don't have a right to tell you. Obviously you know the difference between moral rights and rights in the legal defintion/sense. Again, not breaking any rules doesn't make you less annoying.

Lying is OK as long as it is for marketing purposes only... Gotcha. I understand now.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i know rms0504 and i'm confident of his math and his mechanical engineering chops. as far as i'm concerned he's providing science and fact. not marketing bs.

i've called out other vendors for their claims (including pangolin). we need fact checking. we need to keep vendors honest. all of them. beam clipping may not matter to some, but it does matter to me and is absolutely something i would take into account when buying a set of galvos.

jian's updated galvos look worthy and i have totally abused my set of dt40w's and they're still going strong after many years. i wish him great success as his galvos are the best i've seen come out of china.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Not what I said. What I'm saying is you can't come here and do all this because someone is technically "lying". My point is everyone is. Except you, good for you, point it out all you want but don't attack, ridicule and advertise your own shit, it doesn't justify all that, is what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i know rms0504 and i'm confident of his math and his mechanical engineering chops. as far as i'm concerned he's providing science and fact. not marketing bs.

i've called out other vendors for their claims (including pangolin). we need fact checking. we need to keep vendors honest. all of them. beam clipping may not matter to some, but it does matter to me and is absolutely something i would take into account when buying a set of galvos.

jian's updated galvos look worthy and i have totally abused my set of dt40w's and they're still going strong after many years. i wish him great success as his galvos are the best i've seen come out of china.
    Thanks.
    DT40W X=5*10,Y=5*16(0.8mm thick) for 3mm beam,but people always grumble the mirrors to small.
    DT50W X=8.5*8.5,Y=7*17(1mm thick) for 5mm beam,all mirrors are bigger and heavy,that is working fine.

We don't need COUNT only,we need UE ( user experience ) is good.

To someone:
    We are DT50 speed still same DT40,but lower heat.We call it DT50 because the galvo be able to working 50K when we finished a double LM3886 driver for that.
    When customer ask me:is that DT50 working 50k? I will tell them the fact.
    NO lying.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner