Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 1 minute understand DT50

I think he was being more than just honest with the specs but no need to repeat myself, we can disagree on this. I'm also not saying he is a bad guy nor am I saying he is saying this product is bad or good value, so let's just move on.
    BTW I make content myself for clients from Europe, US and even South Africa, never had a client get confused about the specs. I just send them a test animation in 20K, 30K and 40K and ask them to tell me which one is too flickery for them, that always works for me, but it might be just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    I think he was being more than just honest with the specs but no need to repeat myself, we can disagree on this. I'm also not saying he is a bad guy nor am I saying he is saying this product is bad or good value, so let's just move on.
    BTW I make content myself for clients from Europe, US and even South Africa, never had a client get confused about the specs. I just send them a test animation in 20K, 30K and 40K and ask them to tell me which one is too flickery for them, that always works for me, but it might be just me.
    This depends on the content. While most of it does work.. to get perfection you need reliable end results and this is where the confusion hurts. I don't send test animations I verify the hardware with the client and when in doubt I ask them to scan a test pattern before. Most galvo manufacturers overestimate the size beam they can hold.. at certain angles the clipping of the beam starts.

Test pattern or test animation. TOmato / TomAto.

Most galvo manufacturers overestimate the size beam they can hold.. at certain angles the clipping of the beam starts.
    Sure, but haven't had any client complain about difference in beam profiles on the edges of the projection with their piece of hardware to me, but if they have in your experience than fair enough.

Well Jian set me the DT50BB and I compared them with the 506 set from Pangolin with amps from Laser Fantasy. I can get an almost perfect 12K ILDA image at a full 100% size, and more importantly I can get all my fat red beam on the scanners. With Jian's set, I can get all the red beam on the X mirror, but it spills out on the Y as it is 3mm or so less wide than the 506's. Spillage! Rats! I did get a BEAUTIFUL ILDA pattern at 100% at 30K, so they are as advertised. But it would be difficult to directly compare them with the 506's without the same mirrors (size and weight) attached. Oh well, back to my used Cambridge 6210h's until that glorious day when I can get my hands on a Saturn9B. I will say with a beam in the 8 mm range, Jian's scanners are amazing for the price.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0137.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	51947
    The Cambridge 6210H is at the top, Jian's galvo is on the bottom, and Pangolin's 506 is to the left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0137.JPG  

IMG_0137.JPG  

Last edited by Fearless; 04-01-2017 at 14:05.

This whole discussion thread is freakin' AMAZING, and demonstrates what a tremendous value this PL forum brings here. I don't think I've seen a movie in recent times as good as this very discussion thread. And as an ol' timer I've learned a very great deal for what makes up the scanner technology of today. I peak in from time to time, working on getting some of my old analog and digital systems going again while playing with a new China made ILDA projector. I'm not easily blown away, but Swamidog, my man, your shows blow me away. Many thanks ya'll.

Hmmm, what happened to Jian's website?
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 05-18-2017 at 10:12.

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    John, if you need drivers, please give me a call at the office and I will be happy to discuss. Not going to advertise on Jian's thread. However I have three different models of C506 drivers in stock right now which can be delivered with scanners rather quickly. We're just not advertising this right now.
    do you have a link where I could buy a complete set of scanners including amps?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I guess that is the server crash,I call the service provider that work again soon.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Here is complete set include all parts.
    DT30/40

Name:	DT40 S.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	52152

DT45/DT50

Name:	DT50B,,.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	417.3 KB 
ID:	52153
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Can anyone provide a link to buy complete sets of pangolin scanners?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

No, because it doesn't exist, and we don't want it to exist

If someone's biggest criteria in buying a set of scanners is a "buy it now" button, there are plenty of products available on eBay and Amazon and Alibaba.

We like the option of being able to pick and choose our clients and also ensure that what somebody wants to order is what they actually need (many here would be shocked how many people contact us and have no idea what the hell they are talking about). For these reasons, there will never be a buy it now button. Plus these days most of our clients for the Saturns (70% these days) are industrial, medical and research, and their company cultures also require consultation with us, before purchasing at current pricing

THE COMMENTS ABOVE ARE MY OWN BUT IN THIS CASE ACTUSLLY DO REPRESENT THE OPINION OF MY EMPLOYER