Thread: ILDA and animations

Question ILDA and animations

Hi,

I just bought a new RGB laser (EMMA EM-RGB246, 3W 30K laser) so it's a new for me.
    The laser contains an SD card with software and ILDA animations.
    I played around with software and put some new ILDA files on the SD-card and with a kind of management software I'm able to use the files I put.
    I was wondering that, when use a pattern from the SD-card, I'm not able to use X and Y position, rotation and other features.
    Do I have to 'modify' the ILDA animations, or can I only use X, Y position, zoom, rotationa and other features with the 'build in' patterns.

Thanks for any help about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvh View Post
    I was wondering that, when use a pattern from the SD-card, I'm not able to use X and Y position, rotation and other features.
    How are you using these features on the built-in patterns? Are you talking about using the controls on the back of the projector? Those controls are normally only used for initial setup of the projector in a new location, although they should work on all patterns, not just the ones that are built-in.

Usually you need to connect the projector to a computer to add effects like zoom, rotation, and movement to a stored pattern. Looking at pictures of the projector you purchased, I see it has a standard 25-pin ILDA connector. This means you can use any number of software and controller combinations to control this projector. You did not mention if you had any software or controller hardware in your post, however.

Laser show software allows you to create and edit vector artwork "frames" that can be grouped together into animations and even entire shows. You will be able to add all kinds of effects to the frames (zoom, stretch, fade, warp, movement, color change, and more) and even synchronize the entire show to a music or video track. The controller accepts the digital output signals from the computer and converts those to the analog signals (on the ILDA connector) that the laser projector needs to actually create the images. Some software even supports "live" laser show creation, where you can select frames, effects, and other show elements in real time.

You may want to consider purchasing the Quickshow package from Pangolin. This include the Quickshow software and the FB3 controller. Other popular software options include LSX and Mamba Black, both of which will work with a number of controllers, including the Etherdream and the Medialas controllers. There are also some free software options (HE Laserscan, Laserboy) that will work with a modified 8-channel sound card as a controller, provided you are willing to do the assembly and modifications yourself.

Have a look through some of the threads here on the forum to learn more about what each of these software packages can offer.

Adam