Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone from on here? Bit of UK laser P0rn

Default Anyone from on here? Bit of UK laser P0rn

Dead link .
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Hmm. Thx Dan for pointing this out. Appears it was some kind of temporary link.

Hopefully this one will work better:

https://www.facebook.com/gatecrasher...4531549494856/

I have never been to one of these events, but I have seen many of them on YouTube. Does everyone keep their hands in the air as much as it seems from the videos? Also, their is a strong sense that some of the appeal is drug amplified. Many of the participants seem slow, distracted...sedated.

The lasers are nice.

The hands in the air thing seems to be a bit of a European trend now during slow passages.

As for drugs, couldn't comment. Drugs are in every club. I didn't personally see anyone in the video that was obviously on drugs. Don't forget a lot of that footage is slowed down and European clubs tend to be lights blacked out lasers aside. You can see how dark in this photo here where outside of the lights, the camera struggles to even pick the people up despite the obvious application of high gain (for those unfamiliar with cameras - amplification of the signal from the sensor to increase low light performance typified by increased grain and artefacts):

Last edited by White-Light; 04-02-2017 at 23:34.

Yes Eric you nailed it, generally in Europe, everyone is munted on the gurners at anything remotely dance oriented.
    Intoxicant of choice is often determined by music style and level of 'undergroundness'. More 'undergroundness' also often relates to duration of event.
    E.g. squat party = Horse tranquilisers and Special Brew and weekend long party (often ending Wednesday when they get evicted and nobody can remember on which day they had all their possessions stolen by the local teen gang on the estate)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Whilst Norty is correct in that generally in the UK drug use is quite high for dance events, although respectable clubs such as the one posted here have searches on the door, having watched it several times, I'm still not seeing anyone looking as if they are on drugs. I see a lot of slow motion filming which makes people appear slow, but not real evidence of use.

Mustn't be a very good party then
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

having watched it several times, I'm still not seeing anyone looking as if they are on drugs.
    I wasn't singling out this event. The hands and the drugs just seem to be very prevalent across the many videos I have watched. This is not even a criticism...do what you want, just don't initiate force or commit fraud and I'm cool.

Sorry if my reply came across at all defensive Eric. I wasn't at this event nor do I go clubbing, I'm way too old for that.

Generally, you're right, drug use in EU clubs is quite common although it's by no means restricted to any particular genre, although some genres are worse than others, with old style hardcore probably being one of the worst. I could pretty much guarantee some people would be taking drugs even in a commercial dance club, or disco or rock venue. It's not so much, if much of the time, but degrees....

Drug use is pretty much impossible to prevent in any event. It's well known how to get around security even amongst non drug users / non clubbers such as myself. A classic trick is to wait until the queue is small, then swallow the drugs in an alley around the corner then join the queue. You pass the search as you no longer have anything on you, and by the time you arrive at the front of the queue and security, they haven't taken effect to any detectable amount so you don't look under the influence. The other classic trick is to stash then in your underwear / intimate parts, as no-one is allowed to search there as it would be sexual assault, and then simply take them inside the club, out of view of security. I'm not giving anything away here that pretty much anyone who's ever clubbed already knows.

So far as the hands in the air thing goes, it's been happening at clubs in the EU for several years now with people doing it mainly during slow passages. I think it largely amounts to reaching out to the DJ / music, and is also a way that some people who can't dance can involve themselves in the music. It's also been encouraged by the DJ's for years with them encouraging the crowds to put their hands up and also using their hands to sign out the beats / music. The make a heart with your hand thing to show you love the music, was also something started in Trance in Holland about 2 years ago, from memory. Again it seems to have become quite prevalent as a way of showing your love for the music. I'm guessing from your reply, that these actions are quite alien in the US.

You can clearly see it in this video from 2013 of a Dutch event, with AVB and other DJ's seemingly encouraging people to put their hands up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Kh4YCH3ww

You also see it quite a lot at rock festivals such as Glastonbury in the UK now.