Thread: Chauvet Performance Haze Fluid in hazebase base hazer pro ?

Default Chauvet Performance Haze Fluid in hazebase base hazer pro ?

Hi everyone,

Is it possible and safe to use Chauvet Performance Haze Fluid in hazebase base hazer pro ?
    The reason why I want to use this liquid is to prevent activating fire alarm. The liquid Chauvet has this chemical properties:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chauvet.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	52013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	52011, comparing to this, the original liquid for hazebase hazer pro has this chemical properties:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BaseHazerFluid-530x530.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	52014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	52012.

Is it safe to use Chauvet liquid in Hazebase hazer pro, will it works, and is it possible to damage the equipment?
    Are the ingredients important, should be the liquid's ingredients exactly the same if you put in another machine?

Thanks.

The fluid for the Look Unique, Hazebase Base Hazer Pro and Smoke Factory Tour Hazer is the same and can be interchanged. I buy whatever I can get cheapest, and I own the Hazebase and Smoke Factory units
    You shouldn't use any other fluid in the machines
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Is that glycol based or oil based?

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Is that glycol based or oil based?
    They're glycol based machines.

Default Chauvet liqud in HazeBase Haser Pro

The liquid for HazeBase Base Hazer Pro is glycol based, so that means I CANNOT use Chauvet water based liquid in HazeBase Base Pro machine????
    Thanks.

Water based is glycol plus other ingredients. The issue may be that different glycol based fluids for different machines are designed to work at different temperatures, which may cause residues if used in machines with a heating element of a different temperature to that designed for. So to be safe, best to stick to the manufacturers recommended fluid.

As per my above comment, use one of the fluids I mentioned.
    |
    You 'can' use other fluids, but evidence from rental houses suggests you're entering a world of hurt if you do. Not to mention ruining the very good warranty service they usually offer by not using the specified fluid.
    A friend who works for a big UK rental house commented on an old 2012 post that they had a Unique last 3 shows before needing a new HEM, as well as spending the time spitting fluid out of the front when someone tried to save some money using an alternative fluid.
    |
    Not to mention the fact they are very frugal with the recommended fluid.
    |
    You can do an internet search and find various forum posts from people asking about alternative fluids for the Unique2/Base Hazer/Tour Hazer (usually because they don't like the price), along with many responses about not doing it.
    |
    From personal experience, I bought a used TH2 and it came with a bottle of TH2 fluid - however it became clear that the fluid in the bottle was NOT TH2 fluid. The haze was poor, and didn't vapourise properly. Swapping it for proper fluid transformed it.
    |
    So feel free to try the Chauvet fluid and see how it goes, it'll be quite obvious if its working or not. However, you will be taking a risk on whether it'll be affecting the running of the machine, and certainly taking a risk on any warranty you may have left.
    One of the particular traits of the Unique/HB/TH2 are that the HEM have quite a wide bore pipe compared to other hazers/fazers. Certainly you can easily blow down the inlet pipe, like blowing through a straw. Other machines you'll struggle to do that, and they rely on the tight bore to give the push out the front from the expansion. This may be why they need a particular formulation of fluid to work properly.
    |
    In terms of your original post, what makes you think that the formulation will affect/not affect the fire alarms?
    Usually sensors are optical these days, so particle size plays a part. And in that case, you probably want to use the recommended fluid, as it'll inevitably lead to the smallest particle size.
    However, density of haze is by far the most critical factor.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.