Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free or cheap CAD for windows?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Does it support a mouse?
    Yes! But it also can take direct keyboard numerical input; which is the way I like to use it.

It's really nice. You can set it for either metric or imperial and if your drawing is small enough to fit on a piece of printer paper, you can print your drawings at actual size. So it is perfect for the OP's needs for template making.

It is the app I used to figure out how to get LaserBoy to read DXF files so it's good for drawing laser frames as well!
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Yes! But it also can take direct keyboard numerical input; which is the way I like to use it.

It's really nice. You can set it for either metric or imperial and if your drawing is small enough to fit on a piece of printer paper, you can print your drawings at actual size. So it is perfect for the OP's needs for template making.

It is the app I used to figure out how to get LaserBoy to read DXF files so it's good for drawing laser frames as well!
    Cool. Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out.

Autodesk actual offers free versions if you happen to be a student or work at a university. I've been using legit versions of cad and 3dsmax for years this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Autodesk actual offers free versions if you happen to be a student or work at a university. I've been using legit versions of cad and 3dsmax for years this way. https://www.autodesk.com/education/f...ftware/autocad

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Does it support a mouse?
    Oh man... Gary you are cruel! (But I must admit that was clever as hell.)

That being said, props to James for taking it in stride.

Back on topic (free CAD software), is there no love here for Google Sketch-up? Granted, it's 3D only, but there is a lot of stuff available for it and it reads and writes just about every format out there...

Adam