Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need to know if i should buy this laser.

Okay thanks again for the help also i allready figured i run the risk of having lasers confiscated.

In terms of your rental business, do you mean actual rental (where people come to you and 'dry' hire kit), or do you mean more of a production company, where you supply technicians, rigging, kit, etc?

If the first, you really want to be looking at stuff that might be rider friendly, and that might mean significant investment.
    If the latter, you might find it better/more flexible to not actually hold much of your own stock, but rent in as required. Owning 'toys' is cool, but often it can be more expensive than just renting, once you factor in turnover, residual values, wear and tear.

Control systems like a decent lighting desk and laser control system like Pangolin are always worth owning however.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I am hoping to do option one.

I have friends who know DJs that are looking to rent lights so i am hoping to use them as my starting clients

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I would begin regularly doing searches on eBay for second hand X-Laser projectors as there are some good, entry level, legal, things that pop up regularly and, Adam Raugh from X-Laser is a stand up guy and will be happy to help you along towards your business. They also carry rentals if you need them, as well as have things for sale off rental that may be right up your ally as well.
    PM Sent...

Yea that is a good idea thanks.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I would begin regularly doing searches on eBay for second hand X-Laser projectors as there are some good, entry level, legal, things that pop up regularly and, Adam Raugh from X-Laser is a stand up guy and will be happy to help you along towards your business. They also carry rentals if you need them, as well as have things for sale off rental that may be right up your ally as well.
    yes.. just remember that there's a chinese company that also calls themselves "x-laser". make sure you check what country the laser is being sold from. if you have any doubts contact adam @ xlaser. he'll be able to tell you if it's one of theirs or not.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

again thanks for the info/help.

Have you researched your competition in the area yet?
    Over here the bigger rental houses can offer fixtures like the Robe Pointe for silly low rates because they own so many of them and they get so much work.
    I would need to charge more for a much worse fixture to make it pay off.
    Roughly how much initial capital do you have for investments? $20k? $100k?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I dont really have much saved up :/ i started saving a few years ago when i wanted to start a rental business and as for research i have done a little but never really wanted to do to much because my business is not even close to being ready to start just yet.