Thread: Possible ways of focus laser beam.

Default Possible ways of focus laser beam.

I mount Pangolin Disco Scan lens to my RGB laser. It works pretty well in case of increase scan angle but the laser beam size is also much bigger than without the lens. I want to decrease the beam size, so I thought that I can use spot lens. I'm a beginner in laser projectors and I'm not sure if it is a good idea.
    What are possible ways to decrease laser beam size?
    If the focuse lens is good solution what are the best ways to mount it? Are there any special elements which I can use to set it precisely?

Anything you try to do AFTER the disco-scan lens is going to be counter-productive. Your only option is to reduce the beam diameter (with something like a keplerian collimator) before the beam hits the scanners. (And thus before the disco-scan lens.)

This might be possible if you have enough room in your projector to mount a pair of lenses in the beam path that are maybe 3-4 inches apart, but it's not what I would call a beginner project.

Where are you located, and what are you doing with the projector that currently has the disco-scan lens installed?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

Where are you located, and what are you doing with the projector that currently has the disco-scan lens installed?

Adam
    I just play with my friend's projector and examine its potential. I'm interested in optics and it's properties. I'm thinking about making some old school game.