Thread: medical laser variance ?

Laser Warning medical laser variance ?

is it possible to get the same variance with a medical laser as say another usa made laser ? it would have a number on file already with the fda am i not correct?

Lightbulb

hi b52 -

Quote Originally Posted by b52productions View Post
    is it possible to get the same variance with a medical laser as say another usa made laser ? it would have a number on file already with the fda am i not correct?
    Not trying to sound like a smartass, but.. What, exactly, are you trying to 'accomplish', here? Assuming you're Not trying to get a Medical Product, varianced, correct? Cause that's a whooole different mountain, mon freré.. Same basic 'process', mucho Mucho mas complicado / layered / detailed...

...but, if you're trying to get / amend a Show Variance, using a 'medical laser' as a source, only (ie: an Argon or KTP, etc..) That's pretty easy - Unless - you are either a) modifying the safety-controls / beam-paths of said-source (thereby invalidating any Certification it has, as a source..) or b) incorporating it Into a product, you were, then, going to 'market' / sell 'As a product' of You, Inc. (not just 'doing a Show using a med-laser source'..)

...also assuming this Is Visible light we're talking, right? Cause pretty much 'invisible wavelength laser shows' are Also gonna be a 'constipated juggernaut', at best..

Lettuce know..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

You do have to de-medicalize it a bit, remove the handpiece, ditch the exposure control software, etc... At least that is what I had to do..
    Somehow render it reasonably unfit for medical service, then document the function of the safety features that you kept.
    ~
    401K approval for a medical device, well the design and quality control paperwork could fill phonebooks. The process is similar, but the work is far more detailed and vast.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...