Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LF: Kvant Clubmax disassembly guide/photos

I had issues with the scan fail board on my Spectrum. Basically it was too enthusiastic in deciding what was unsafe and often cut the laser during normal cue display. The cure for me was simply, to switch into input mode so it only cut out if the input ceased from the ILDA cable. That protects against signal failure but obviously not scanner failure. There was (maybe still is) a way of adjusting the safety board sensitivity on Kvants, but you'd have to contact Kvant as they don't generally put that info in the public domain.

Well nobody gave me any disclaimer not to disclose the information (this or previous one), thus I can tell you that the sensitivity of the shutter (although for the scanner only I believe) is located on the main board in a form of white rectangular plastic box that has super micro tiny Slot Screw on top of it and moving it changes the sensitivity. However I've not tested nor found out which direction changes it.

As shown in my previous post: https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...7&d=1497612747

It would be great to have a convenient way to turn the laser into graphics type/beam type at a push of a button (eg. no safety for graphics, since its for hobby, fun and for display, not to blast in audience's general direction; max safety OMGSharkLazers for beam mode).
    My kit: Mamba Elements V3 & DAC, ILD SOS & LaserCam, LaserDock DAC, Kvant Clubmax 1800 (2017)

There are probably different boards out there - mine was an early one. However, I was asked not to disclose the information I have so I won't.

All I can say, is if you're having any doubts as to the best way to adjust it, contact Kvant. They may extend you the same courtesy as me, or at least point you in the right direction as to the pots to adjust as there may be more than one.

I'm pretty sure there already is a way to turn graphics into beams on Pangolin software, by just re-zoning it on the fly. If you turn off prevent re-routing, I believe you should be able to use Pangoscript, FX and probably Midi / DMX to be able re-route cues instantly. However, I haven't tried this, so I defer to those with greater knowledge. Whether there's an equivalent in Mamba, I wouldn't know.