Thread: X29 FullAuto ISA card pinouts

Default X29 FullAuto ISA card pinouts

Anyone have X29 / FullAuto ISA card ribbon connector pinouts? (XY, color, control bits) Thank you!

I will look to see if it is in the manual tomorrow.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I will look to see if it is in the manual tomorrow.
    I no longer have a card, but I might still have some install floppies. Let me know if you need them, and remember if you have no X-Y outputs, to replace the socketed TL082 at the back of the card. Bob Ash used it as a "fuse" to protect the card.. Because I needed one for work last week, I did find a company that still makes/stocks motherboards with ISA slots, let me know if you need a link. (No, they are not cheap, ~250-360 USD$ with memory and processor)

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default X29 PINOUT

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X29PINOUT.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	52121

15 chars
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Carlos, sugeek and Steve - thank you guys! Is this stuff really 25 yrs old?! Haha I remember that about the TLO82. I wiped the mildew off my old Thinkpad 760 on a Dock I with Win95 and it still works! X29 and FullAuto was a step up from DOS Lasermax and worked pretty well until I acquired the "new" Pangolin LD2000. I passed on the first Pangolin system (Amiga?) because it did not support color or even blanking.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

sometimes i'm happy to be "the new guy"

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    Carlos, sugeek and Steve - thank you guys! Is this stuff really 25 yrs old?! Haha I remember that about the TLO82. I wiped the mildew off my old Thinkpad 760 on a Dock I with Win95 and it still works! X29 and FullAuto was a step up from DOS Lasermax and worked pretty well until I acquired the "new" Pangolin LD2000. I passed on the first Pangolin system (Amiga?) because it did not support color or even blanking.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Considering X29 does 95% of what I need to do live beam shows, with no fuss, no muss, and a wonderful selectable keyboard response, I would love to have a modern emulator of it.
    I made good money using X29, that is for sure.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Lightbulb

Heya Chief -

Quetal la 'Pura Vida'? Espero que estas disfrutandolo y prosperando...

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    ..TLO82. ...
    ..aka the '1458', which I'm sure you're well aware of.. Lemme know if you end-up needing one/two, and have a time sourcing them down there.. I discovered several chip-tubes full, during the Laserium 'Movepocalypse', last fall.. Posting a couple should be no problema.. As long as you always make all yer connex (FA connectors from Dock > PJ, etc..) Before you power-up, you should be fine.. That's what usually popped the 1458, most of the time.. Those Docks / Thinkpads were notorious for nasty little transients that just loved to eat those chips, like, 5 mins before showtime..

..I am also now recalling I have a FA Pro Key / ISA board that came from a de-install, Perfect shape / latest-build, etc, that I'd be willing to sell / trade for the right number of coconuts.. I believe we also have a couple spare FA-connex > ILDA adapter-cables kicking about..

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ...a wonderful selectable keyboard response, I would love to have a modern emulator of it.
    Yeah, really a shame / sad that they imploded, there.. Anyone ever get ahold of Fred and/or Amanda? I got ahold of Bob, but.. He wasn't able to help much with their numbers, etc.. Fred had some pretty-killer 'feature-sets' for the Next-Gen of FullAuto, that just never could seem to see the light of day:

TCP/IP Ethernet interface, Direct DMX control (no PC necessary), Built in Adat, SMTPE in / out, Midi in / out, Wireless control, Internet control with a built in web server. TTF font converter, X29’s advanced scene editor, VR motion capture and bone / spline control system (for realtime 3D creation, within), 3D studio max interface, Ability to instantly flash the card over the net to upgrade or add new features, SD ram slot, Analog color control (8 channels), Switchable outputs for the XY scanner gain (0-5 volts or 0-10volts), Ability to append whole shows back to back to back, while preserving independent timelines, Full color RTV (tracer program), this will be a stand alone box or you can put it in your projector, all 3D rotations will now auto clip to speed the performance of real time and 3D effects, Built in masking, ability to apply separate geometric corrections on each frame in the show, and all traditional features (ie 8-bit TTL I/O for beam tables, etc, etc..)

..Yeah, yeah 'Quick-Pango-Beyond-Show has / does all that' yada yada, but IMO... Moar Options are Better... ..Oh well, RIP OSLS, I guess.. Great source for decent dichros, and *The Best* 100W BB mirror-stock that was truly good down to 400nm, Very-low losses at 445, and Grating-films, etc, etc.. Major bummer.. +_+

Fwiw..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...