Thread: cheapest ILDA laser you got

Default cheapest ILDA laser you got

Hi there

I'm wondering if any of you great people out there have a one-watt RGB laser that is ILDA compatible.

I have a very small budget, but am moving to berlin, and need to get on the vibe!

Would need to be shipped to NZ.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jacksosamu View Post
    Hi there

I have a very small budget

Cheers
    How small of a budget is a "very small budget"? How much specifically are you looking to spend? A very small budget to me means $50, to someone else it could mean $2000.

They got those super cheap China scanners on ebay. There like 85$. Put in a shoebox with cheap rgb module pointed at it!! Ghetto and cheap

hey there, all good points, 400 ideally,could stretch to 500.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by jacksosamu View Post
    Hi there, this is my first post here, as am big Noobie, so hope this is the appropriate place for this question.

Here's my problem;

I'm hiring an RGB laser for a month in New zealand, as have an exhibition.

I'm looking at making an animation (moving astrological patterns) for a laser projection, that will replay on loop. There will be no real time tinkering with the show. Am I able to get around hiring a (costly) ILDA controller, and instead manage to project my animation through some other format, maybe by using a DMX controller, or perhaps some other easy solution?

this is the laser that I'm hiring,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwCDTtvx6TM
    What exactly is your application? If you just want some predefined patterns you don't need a DAC. Just a laser with an SD card reader. They are usually a good chunk cheaper than the big guys (aka, usually a PoS, but for your budget you can't be picky). Then if you're savvy you can use cheap or free software to create some animations and put them on the SD card and have them projected. Requires a DMX controller too but that might be easier to obtain.

You'd only need a DAC if you want the laser to respond to real time events or if you want to design your patterns on the fly.

Or, of course, self built. But that's a slipperly slope...

you can buy as cheap as you can but it could be that it wont fit your application which has you buying twice or even more.. making it more expensive in the long run.
    You need to be specific what you are going to do with it.

You can also look at the LK PD3 sold by Laser Linna she's on the forum it's sub $500 plus you get some awesome grating and lumia effects as well. I've had 2 and never had any problems with them.