Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by hardknox View Post
    I drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JK.
    My daily driver is 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport, red.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Lovely ride! I like the color.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Thanks. I used to try to go to all of the local VW shows but I haven't had the time lately. When I lived in Austin I went to that huge one Fredricksburg a couple of times. Have you been to that one?
    The Texas VW Classic. Haven't made it to that one yet. Perhaps next year!

Lucky Chevy aren't fussy who buys their cars
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Still driving the same black '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee that everyone's seen at SELEM for the past 6 years.

About to roll over 300,000 miles too. Thinking about pulling the head this summer to replace the lifters if I can find the time. (Those 4.0L straight-6 John Deere engines were always plagued by lifter taps.) Would be nice to be able to do a valve job and deck the heads while they're off, but I don't know yet if I'm going to bother... Tapping sound is annoying, but not a real problem otherwise.

Long time ago, I had one of these though:

1989 Plymouth Colt GT Turbo. Fun car to drive, and one of the top 10 best cars of 1989. And hard to come by these days, especially with the 4G61T engine. Should have kept it as a project car, but I didn't have the space...

Adam

Wow, can't believe how gas guzzling those cars are still in the US. Nice motors but it's no wonder you have air and emission issues. In the UK, if a cars does 33mpg (40 mpg US) Urban, that's considered to be poor economy. Many EU cars are managing in the 40's mpg (49+ mpg US) Urban now.

I have to take a bow of shame here for the UK contingent as I drive an older Honda that returns 32 mpg Urban. I have some excuse though as I can't afford another car. If I had a choice though, it would be a Tesla Model X (or the new Model Y).

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Wow, can't believe how gas guzzling those cars are still in the US. Nice motors but it's no wonder you have air and emission issues. In the UK, if a cars does 33mpg (40 mpg US) Urban, that's considered to be poor economy. Many EU cars are managing in the 40's mpg (49+ mpg US) Urban now.

I have to take a bow of shame here for the UK contingent as I drive an older Honda that returns 32 mpg Urban. I have some excuse though as I can't afford another car. If I had a choice though, it would be a Tesla Model X (or the new Model Y).
    Yes but unfortunately I cannot tow my mud truck through the woods with a Honda

Adam my Cherokee has lifter (and other) problems too... I cant figure out why??

Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

High Tech Redneck in action!

There HAS been a generator, projector, laptop and chair mounted to the roof of that thing with an operator riding up there putting on shows on Memorial Day in the woods for a few hundred people (WOW was it really a year ago?)
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

My Jeep starting having some lifer tap for the first time a few months back. It has 160,000 miles on it. I might try running some seafoam through it before i pull the head. From what I understand, it is possible to replace lifters with the head on but not sure I am brave enough for that. One slip up and then the head has to come off.