Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you drive?

A Sky turbo - 2008
    Bluestone
    Mine is stock ATM

This is a link to my wifes engine
    http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...ne-so-far.html

Used to be my car, Supercharger is Stock, but it's built a little - back when I had a little extra cash.
    Last edited by icecruncher; 05-26-2017 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    My Jeep starting having some lifer tap for the first time a few months back. It has 160,000 miles on it. I might try running some seafoam through it before i pull the head. From what I understand, it is possible to replace lifters with the head on but not sure I am brave enough for that. One slip up and then the head has to come off.
    Correct

I've done it both ways

Tedious with the head on

Also have fun with the head bolt , driver side against the firewall 😂. It's miserable

I'd try without first, only pulling the head, but being prepared to. Unless you have any other reason to get in there.

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Yes but unfortunately I cannot tow my mud truck through the woods with a Honda
    You could with a Tesla.

Swami seems to have one of the more economical 4wd options. I think the US still has a lot to learn from the EU about transport and the environment. Trouble is some addictions such as those to large capacity engines are hard to break, and there's no real justification for high capacity gas guzzling engines any more when there are more economical options.

OK Teslas aren't cheap and so not for the majority, but by way of demonstration, standard un-modified Model S vs Dogde Challenger Hellcats (6.2 litre V8, 707bhp):

Muscle car vs eco (Tesla wins 1st race by 0.2 and 2nd race with a better start by almost 1/2 a second)~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNYFYNyqDA8

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    You could with a Tesla.

Swami seems to have one of the more economical 4wd options. I think the US still has a lot to learn from the EU about transport and the environment. Trouble is some addictions such as those to large capacity engines are hard to break, and there's no real justification for high capacity gas guzzling engines any more when there are more economical options.

OK Teslas aren't cheap and so not for the majority, but by way of demonstration, standard un-modified Model S vs Dogde Challenger Hellcats (6.2 litre V8, 707bhp):

Muscle car vs eco (Tesla wins 1st race by 0.2 and 2nd race with a better start by almost 1/2 a second)~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNYFYNyqDA8
    Contrary to popular belief about Americans gear heads and drag racing, some of us actually like our cars to turn. Teslas do not fare well on road circuits often going into limp mode in under a lap. So, while I'm happy to drive something economical around day to day, when I want to go fast, there's no replacement for displacement, although a couple bar of boost doesn't hurt

And before anyone brings it up, yes I know 'leccy is the future. Check this bad boy out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4MRydmz86E

Eh. My hunting property is about 9 miles from the closest paved road. Through water, mud, sand, etc. Have to be a 4x4 to even make it close. Sometimes there's water well over the tires, sometimes it's so dry you bury to the frame in the sand. Gotta be prepared for everything, need a big motor. Won't be able to pull a big trailer with another truck on top without it.

Plus fuel is cheap at about 2 bucks a gallon, so not too worried about it

And the trucks at my other job get about 250 feet per gallon ( less than the length of a football field....) So comparatively I'm not doing too bad. My engine is only a 5.3L

And let's be honest here. I've got dual exhaust with flowmaster 40s and I just like the sound it makes when I push the pedal to the floor 😂

Then...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05290140c.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	52276
    Now...

Name:	rojoviejo1a.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	52277

Taco.

Got the Camaro fixed! Pulling the trans and changing the clutch, flywheel and slave sucked with only 16" of clearance!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    Then...

Name:	05290140c.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	52276
    928 S or S4 ? Hopefully not GT S