Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to: Clone an image and Insert a Script Effect Loop

Default How to: Clone an image and Insert a Script Effect Loop

These are no doubt very basic LSX questions, so pardon, but I'm stoked I am now "doin' it":

In a swamidog 2014 SELEM youtube vid there is mention of cloning an image. The vid isn't very clear on the screens selected to do so. How is cloning an image performed?

In the post Morphing Dot by swamidog. circa 2012, "adding a special FX loop" into the timeline is referenced. Could you translate this in today's LSX versioning? Okay, I figured this one out just now.

Next, I'm trying to get the feel for adding multiple script events to an Animation Event. The first modifying events gets applied, but the 2nd and 3rd events do not. First event is rotate Z, second event is rotate X, third is rotate Y. What is the magic incantation for these to work together on the base image?
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 06-05-2017 at 12:47.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you bet...

i pretty much do everything in SFX (script effects) loops.

i've made you a quick little video that should help:

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    These are no doubt very basic LSX questions, so pardon, but I'm stoked I am now "doin' it":

In a swamidog 2014 SELEM youtube vid there is mention of cloning an image. The vid isn't very clear on the screens selected to do so. How is cloning an image performed?

In the post Morphing Dot by swamidog. circa 2012, "adding a special FX loop" into the timeline is referenced. Could you translate this in today's LSX versioning? Okay, I figured this one out just now.

Next, I'm trying to get the feel for adding multiple script events to an Animation Event. The first modifying events gets applied, but the 2nd and 3rd events do not. First event is rotate Z, second event is rotate X, third is rotate Y. What is the magic incantation for these to work together on the base image?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you bet...

i pretty much do everything in SFX (script effects) loops.

i've made you a quick little video that should help:

Many thanks, but is there any way to view this full screen by posting it on YouTube? Although I can see the general area you are selecting, it is very challenging to see the labels you are selecting (which helps cement learning).

you should be able to click the youtube / full screen icon on the lower right corner of the video once you start playing.

if that doesn't work, here's a direct link: https://youtu.be/w7E1-EzQltk

Many thanks, but is there any way to view this full screen by posting it on YouTube? Although I can see the general area you are selecting, it is very challenging to see the labels you are selecting (which helps cement learning).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

you should be able to click the youtube / full screen icon on the lower right corner of the video once you start playing.

if that doesn't work, here's a direct link: https://youtu.be/w7E1-EzQltk
    Yeah, usually but when the vid appears in the thread the full screen button is grayed out. Thanks for direct link.

Yeah, usually but when the vid appears in the thread the full screen button is grayed out. Thanks for direct link.
    OMG. pretty things are coming out now! I think I'm in love.

LSX is awesome!

also, video or it didn't happen

OMG. pretty things are coming out now! I think I'm in love.

LSX is awesome!

also, video or it didn't happen
    In the short amount of time I've interacted with it I can see its amazing power of creativity. I'll vid as soon as I've got a piece of music and laser snuggling together.

I'd be happy to offer help in updating certain areas of documentation (the Abstract Generator in particular) as I've a lot of experience in technical writing for the common (and experienced) folk. The Abstract Generator is fairly intuitive to but certain functions don't work as expected (for one who is experienced with multi-channel, PLL and free-running wave synthesis/generation and modulations).

I should first probably ask whether some of the Abstract Generator functions do not work in Basic but do in Pro??? Or does it work fully in both Basic and Pro? Anyone know?

I don't see that the Phase function behind the Freq. button has any effect with a great variety of settings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AbsGenFreq-Phase-Script FX (SFX) Loop.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	52335

So far, to me, (until I know the secret, if it exists) the powerful symmetry result of summing two SinX,CosY circles (Ch1 & Ch2) together is when Ch1 is a multiple of being 90d egrees out of phase. All I see is Ch1 and Ch2 always being in phase with each other. More visual power is had when one can choose Ch3 modulation harmonic frequencies to modulate Ch1(SinX,CosY) and NOT Ch2(Sinx,CosY) or visa-versa, OR BOTH Ch1 and Ch2's (SinX,CosY). (I lust for being able to do this with LSX).

Here's an example of what can be achieved:

Name:	Laser 3-5 Yel-2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	52336 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser 7-10 Multi.jpg 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	52337

the abstract generator is the same in all versions of LSX.

the "phase button" has no operation until the value for the Upper and Lower limit settings are not set the same.

In the short amount of time I've interacted with it I can see its amazing power of creativity. I'll vid as soon as I've got a piece of music and laser snuggling together.

I'd be happy to offer help in updating certain areas of documentation (the Abstract Generator in particular) as I've a lot of experience in technical writing for the common (and experienced) folk. The Abstract Generator is fairly intuitive to but certain functions don't work as expected (for one who is experienced with multi-channel, PLL and free-running wave synthesis/generation and modulations).

I should first probably ask whether some of the Abstract Generator functions do not work in Basic but do in Pro??? Or does it work fully in both Basic and Pro? Anyone know?

I don't see that the Phase function behind the Freq. button has any effect with a great variety of settings.

Name:	AbsGenFreq-Phase-Script FX (SFX) Loop.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	52335

So far, to me, (until I know the secret, if it exists) the powerful symmetry result of summing two SinX,CosY circles (Ch1 & Ch2) together is when Ch1 is a multiple of being 90d egrees out of phase. All I see is Ch1 and Ch2 always being in phase with each other. More visual power is had when one can choose Ch3 modulation harmonic frequencies to modulate Ch1(SinX,CosY) and NOT Ch2(Sinx,CosY) or visa-versa, OR BOTH Ch1 and Ch2's (SinX,CosY). (I lust for being able to do this with LSX).

Here's an example of what can be achieved:

Name:	Laser 3-5 Yel-2.jpg 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	52336 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser 7-10 Multi.jpg 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	52337

the abstract generator is the same in all versions of LSX.

the "phase button" has no operation until the value for the Upper and Lower limit settings are not set the same.
    I see now. The phase has only to do with the frequency sweep range "shape" or "Type of animation" as it's referred to, and not the phase difference of the two Ch1 vs. Ch2 frequencies. It would be amazing to be allowed to set the phase between Ch1-SinX/CosY & Ch2-SinX/CosY,

Thanks, I love being en-lighened.