Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any LEM's near ILDA conference time ?

Default Any LEM's near ILDA conference time ?

Im hoping to attend this years ILDA conference, in Europe.

Is any one aware of any LEMS planned in the month of November, any time after 10th is free. in Europe or US, i might be able to get to?

We have nothing planned as of now, but if you will be in the southeastern portion of the US, it's fairly trivial for us to schedule a FLEM to match your travel plans.

Typically we kick things off on a Friday and run through to very late Saturday night (or early Sunday morning, if you prefer). If that might work with your plans, let me know and I'll get the ball rolling. (We did this for Pitts from NZ years ago, and it was a huge hit!)

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 06-19-2017 at 06:05.

Thanks for the willingness to put on an event. I have a plan A which involves return back via asia, and a plan B which involves return back via USA still nothing locked in yet. This will be determined by my tax return, of course if it is to substantial then i think about buying more laser goodies so its a fine line.One never knows what deals might be had when attending ilda conference hosted by KVANT..... Ill post back in the next few weeks as my itinerary firms up

Cool. Let me know when your travel plans are more firm, and we'll see if we can't make something happen while you're here.

Adam

just updating, this hasn't fallen off the radar. conference and LSO course paid for, accommodation booked but not paid for, flights up in the air.

new job opportunity, means i may loose company car and phone, but will return to civilisation. needing to purchase new phone and car.

Depending on out come im not sure if plan A or B will be implementable, it might be just go there and back with no side trips.

The Triangle Boat Club meeting hall may be available Saturday, Oct 28th and Sunday, Oct 29th. They have a Halloween party that is penciled in for Friday the 27th, and originally it was scheduled all weekend, but the secretary is pretty sure the party is actually only that Friday night. So right now it looks very good for Saturday and Sunday. Will know more for sure by early next week.

If you think this is even remotely possible, I'll go ahead and book everything now so people can start making plans. And if you can't make it, well, that sucks, but we can still have a fun meet in Floirda, so the effort won't be in vain.

Adam

Sweet got some ideas now will let you know if price with in reach
    Last edited by zerowaitstate; 07-21-2017 at 22:46.

I already posted in Loopee's thread, but just to reiterate: I can't get the boat club meeting room that last weekend in October.

However, I can get it for either Saturday and Sunday, October 21-22, or Saturday and Sunday, November 11-12.

Right now it appears that the 3rd weekend in October might be the best bet, as the November weekend is dangerously close to the last day of the ILDA conference, making travel arrangements difficult.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Damn... just looked and I have nothing on that 28-29th weekend. Tell them they should do their Halloween party ON Halloween! They're all old and retired anyway so it's not like they need to get up and go to work Wednesday. Can't do the other two weekends because of weddings and that's one of the busiest periods of the year for this business.
    PM Sent...

we have room for you at Houston Mini LEM 25th to halloweeN (tue)
    FLY in to Hobby HOUSTON and we will pick up SW must be booked with them==not a travel agent.
    see my feeler my thread
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-