Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: modules from Goldenstarlaser anyone?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    I have a 0.4 inch aluminum plate and a finned heatsink under that and array of fans under that. Do you think that's good enough? Heatsink is 240x140x20mm.

And hows the beams for you? The data they sent me tells that at 15m the blue is 34x6cm even though they correct the fast axis.
    34x36 cm??? that can't be right.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

not 34 x 36, but 34 x 6. And sorry, it's obviously mm, not cm. I pmd you the reference pdf.

Adam, what drivers do you have with yours?
    My 520 OEM heads got supplied with a driver stamped Laserwave on the board. I have all of the pot designations as I requested them from John. I can send them to you if its the same.
    Have you tried asking GoldenStar for the details, they're normally very helpful in sending manuals and sheets.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    I have a 0.4 inch aluminum plate and a finned heatsink under that and array of fans under that. Do you think that's good enough?
    So long as the baseplate is in direct contact with the finned heatsink so you get good thermal transfer efficiency, and you have decent airflow through the fins, yeah, I think you'll be OK. Bear in mind that you'll want to mount the drivers to the same plate because they also get hot. Make sure you have enough space for everything...

And hows the beams for you? The data they sent me tells that at 15m the blue is 34x6cm even though they correct the fast axis.
    Ah... I didn't realize you were asking about divergence. The beams are a tad larger than 4 mm at the aperture, but they are reasonably well collimated. The spot size you were quoted is not what I've experienced. I don't remember actual measurements at distance, but the beam was not nearly as asymmetrical as the numbers you posted. That being said, they are fatter than the beams from my Pluto II projectors. But you can still do graphics or text with these modules.

Here is a picture of one of the units running in a small classroom in Utila during Caribb-LEM back in March. (Click on the image for a larger version)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8 watt.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	251.1 KB 
ID:	52497

Note also that these projectors will be at SELEM this year, so if you can attend that event you'll be able to see them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Adam, what drivers do you have with yours?
    Not exactly sure. Here's a picture of both projectors while they were being built. The board on the bottom left of each baseplate (just outboard of the scanner block) is the blue driver, and behind the RGB module towards the top and to the left you can see the green and red drivers in a line. (They sit up close to the power supplies on that side.) All 3 drivers look the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8 watts.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	344.1 KB 
ID:	52496

My 520 OEM heads got supplied with a driver stamped Laserwave on the board. I have all of the pot designations as I requested them from John. I can send them to you if its the same.
    Click on the image above and then zoom in close... Do your drivers look like the ones in my picture? There are 4 blue trim pots along the edge, along with two black sliding switches for selecting the modulation mode (polarity and TTL/analog). Down one side there is a green terminal block with several connections (I think there are 8 positions total on the block). The top two positions are for modulation input.

If they match what you have, then yeah - please send me any information you have!

Have you tried asking GoldenStar for the details, they're normally very helpful in sending manuals and sheets.
    Yeah, I asked. I never got an answer.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    So long as the baseplate is in direct contact with the finned heatsink so you get good thermal transfer efficiency, and you have decent airflow through the fins, yeah, I think you'll be OK. Bear in mind that you'll want to mount the drivers to the same plate because they also get hot. Make sure you have enough space for everything...
    Oh, I have, like 500 x 350 mm. I wonder if I should have finned heatsinks under the drivers as well or just bolt on the 10mm optical plate far from each other.

Note also that these projectors will be at SELEM this year, so if you can attend that event you'll be able to see them in person.
    Thanks, here's hoping I'll have the time and money this year.