Thread: Laser wattage vs Club size

Default Laser wattage vs Club size

Im looking at buying 2 lasers. The band I am in normally plays small bars 100 to 750 occupancy max. Im looking at Kvant because I live in AZ and in spite of what iv been told about rules and regulations id rather be on the safe side. a class 3 felony and a 250k fine isn't in my pocket book. question is iv been watching countless videos and it would seem that a 3 watt laser is just over kill for smaller clubs, especially if there are 2. im looking at the clubmax 1800 that still seems like it might be overkill though with 2 of them. Any suggestions from experienced users would be awesome. Thanks!

It all depends on the lighting in the club. That being said, get the 3 watt units. If they end up being too bright, you can always turn them down a bit.

But if you get the 1800's and they look lame (either because there is too much ambient light that washes the lasers out, or because the club owner won't let you use enough fog or haze to make the beams visible), you can't turn those up.

Then too, one day you might find yourself in a different club and need the extra power.

Adam

Thanks, makes sense. Time to start saving