Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ClubSELEM EDM Choices and Scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I'll happily play SPL Nazi this year if it helps.
    If we want to keep it to a certain db level in there I'll bring my meter and adjust if/when necessary.
    Great idea, Rick! I don't mind if it gets a little loud (people can wear earplugs), but if it gets so loud that we're in danger of pissing off the neighbors again, we need to turn things down. We shouldn't ever be able to hear the sound system from across the street. This year the sound system will be set conservatively for exactly that reason.

Speaking of ear protection, do we want to make it available to all participants?
    I have a jar of earplugs left over from last year that I will be bringing again. Unfortunately, they aren't the Laserline Yellow-Pink ones from Howard Leight. (We do use those at work and I like them because they are softer and more comfortable than most other brands, but the ones I have from last year are green.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Slight correction on the subs - one is 18" w/1600 watts, the other is 18" w/600 watts.
    Which one do I have? (I haven't hooked it up since SELEM last year!) I had planned to put one sub in the club and one in the auditorium...
    QSC K-10s and K-12s both in the auditorium should be all right with 1 of the subs paired with them. Worse case we can get Jeff to bring his Mackie tops if we need more in there. (But I don't think we will need it.)

Agree that all my stuff plus 1 set of your JBLs is enough for the club. (plus one of the subs)

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    Ok, just bought a 200pk of those earplugs. I do seem to recall a jar of them in the backstage area of the auditorium... but now we'll have a jar by the Gym door.
    Cool! Actually, we had them in the gym last year, but not by the door. They were on the other side of the room, attached to a tripod. (Stupid, I know...) Maybe I should put that jar in the auditorium though? We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    What's the feeling on non-coherent lighting for ClubSELEM - specifically big moving heads?
    I would say don't bother bringing them unless you have lots of extra room and don't mind the extra load. We didn't really use them all that much, although a couple people played with the DMX software for an hour or two. Still, for all the work packing them, setting them up, taking them down, and re-packing them, it's probably not worth it. Unless someone has a burning desire to play with moving heads.?.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Which one do I have? (I haven't hooked it up since SELEM last year!) I had planned to put one sub in the club and one in the auditorium...
    QSC K-10s and K-12s both in the auditorium should be all right with 1 of the subs paired with them.
    You have the beast - the 1600 watt Mackie HD1801.
    That config should be fine I think. The QSC's plus a sub are fine for a prom with 400 kids so, that should be adequate for the auditorium.
    PM Sent...

What is the length and width of the gym?

About to do a pre-event monoprice order and need to get some new SDI cables for the cameras since mine were destroyed others. Also need to figure out ethernet lengths to go to the LED panels.

Also streaming is a thing, right? I need to get hold of the widget from MAGFest.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

A high school basketball court is 84' x 50' and they gym is really not much bigger than the actual court if that helps. I'd guess and say 110 x 65 at most.
    PM Sent...

so im tryng to get a mental list going of tracks to suggest... Not exactly sure what subgenre of electronic you guys like.
    These guys I somehow just discovered... super awesome video too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubkWrjeCNGI
    sorry I dont know how to do proper youtube links for this forum.
    Too much? Not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fenny View Post
    so im tryng to get a mental list going of tracks to suggest... Not exactly sure what subgenre of electronic you guys like.
    These guys I somehow just discovered... super awesome video too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubkWrjeCNGI
    sorry I dont know how to do proper youtube links for this forum.
    Too much? Not enough?
    I think the idea is to bring a bit of diversity into the music choice this year - so bring whatever you would like to play - not necessarily what you think others would want to hear. With that said, the style you linked to is very similar to what was played almost non-stop last year - hard style / trap / energetic EDM - whatever you want to call it - gets a bit old after 4̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ 10 minutes But I say there is room for everything...

Ha ok! I got some diverse stuff too. Haywyre anyone? Crystal castles? Or how bout some ween.. kid a radiohead..

Song trivia question for music geeks... what is a song that has appeared on two consecutive albums that is performed in different time signatures on each album?

Hint - the band may or may not have been mentioned previously in this thread (ok, it probably was)... One version of the song is in the seldom heard 5/4 while the other version of the song is in the too often used 4/4.

I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread - but I will have 2 DJ sets ready if there are slots to fill.

I have divided my music into 2 DJ sets. One is very specific - Deep/ Chicago / SF / Italian / Brazilian House (115-130 BPM). My other set is set is simply titled "Music to laser to" - and does not really fit neatly into a category other than it is just simply good music - from the 60s to 2017... a curated journey of good music.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread - but I will have 2 DJ sets ready if there are slots to fill.

I have divided my music into 2 DJ sets. One is very specific - Deep/ Chicago / SF / Italian / Brazilian House (115-130 BPM). My other set is set is simply titled "Music to laser to" - and does not really fit neatly into a category other than it is just simply good music - from the 60s to 2017... a curated journey of good music.
    Looking forward to hearing both of them! There will definitely be room in the schedule (either planned in advance or switched up once we're there if there's any new interest) for anyone who wants to spin/spin longer; I'm mainly bringing all the other sets as a good way to fill the remaining time with a good flow of music when the DJs need a break or want to hop on a different console. Can't wait!