Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dt40 Problems

I got them From Jian and did not notice on the website they come without the PSU until it was to late. That is what has started my adventure of digging out old laser parts and PSU's that are far too old and abused to be powering the scanners. Still waiting on Ontrac to deliver my new ones. I just ordered another set from him for the second projector I some how think I need to build, and ordered two power supplies with this set. So I will not have to use the twined PSU setup for long.

When all said and done I will have a 3watt rgb projector with dt40's, a 2 watt rgb projector with at30's (a ministar 2.0) and a ? watt projector with dt40's I have yet to buy the module for the last one. Now i just need to get two more dac's.

Well that was an expensive lesson learned. Looks like the y side of my driver board is no longer working. Makes since it was the negative side of the power supply that failed. Note to self check power before contentiously trying to get something to work.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    so the dt40's did not come with the power supply (last time i got a set they did)
    In my emails with Jian, he seems to prefer to sell the scanners/mount and drive amps as a unit. I tried to buy just the DT40 amps a while back and he would not do it. At the time, I was planning to purchase the ScannerMax 506 scanner pair which then (and now) still don't come with any drivers. That you just got scanners and mount was not normal ( I think ).

well I have another pair coming and two PSU's. I also have an email in about the Y side of these drivers now no longer working so we shall see what he say's. They where up and scanning great last night. went to use them today and the y side wont lite. Oh the joys of this hobby lol

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    In my emails with Jian, he seems to prefer to sell the scanners/mount and drive amps as a unit. I tried to buy just the DT40 amps a while back and he would not do it. At the time, I was planning to purchase the ScannerMax 506 scanner pair which then (and now) still don't come with any drivers. That you just got scanners and mount was not normal ( I think ).
    I got galvos, a mount and the amps just no PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by coil1002 View Post
    I got galvos, a mount and the amps just no PSU.
    My bad, I misunderstood. Thanks for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by coil1002 View Post
    well I have another pair coming and two PSU's. I also have an email in about the Y side of these drivers now no longer working so we shall see what he say's. They where up and scanning great last night. went to use them today and the y side wont lite. Oh the joys of this hobby lol
    Hope that real just the 7915 problem
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Because I need order 1000-2000 pcs driver ,if the driver all fine that is luck,if too much dirver with defective that is nightmare

I experience 2 times scrapping the driver because the PCB quality too bad.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Usually on the 68xx "Inspired" drivers, when the galvo slams to one side after a major power supply fault, replace the LM7915 voltage regulator. Check for +/- 15V on the board before reconnecting the galvo. It is not wise to run the amp for long periods of time without a known good galvo connected, but 20-30 seconds to make a voltage measurement should not blow the output stage. Don't trust the LEDs, make an actual measurement.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by jian725 View Post
    Because I need order 1000-2000 pcs driver ,if the driver all fine that is luck,if too much dirver with defective that is nightmare

I experience 2 times scrapping the driver because the PCB quality too bad.
    That is very good to know Jian, thank you.