Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 kOhm trimpots for controlling R,G,B intensity

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I think you are way off the mark. Just turn the current down on the blue driver to match the others. Otherwise you are losing dynamic range. You want the modulation to be full 0-5v. If you make it 0-2v you just cut you control range.
    Well, yes, but this should be the same approach when you balance by software or say.. through FB4...isn't it? but into analog environment...because you loose driver bandwidth when balancing into digital as well.
    Sometimes you can't tweak drivers current on commercial PJ (warranty, no 'simple' access etc), and most of them are not well balanced, you know..usually too much blue and weak Red.
    So many times we need to reduce green/blue if a good RGB balance is required...mainly on high power units. So we 'play' with voltage modulation to achieve this, any other idea to do so?
    Last edited by jors; 07-25-2017 at 07:45.

If you're doing it with the voltage divider, it's analog scaling so you aren't losing any resolution.

yes I do. A neutral density filter or beam splitter or polarizer or waste it in a spatial filter to clean up the beam more. Planty ways to do to without affecting the modulation. Miss spelling to state where I learned most of these ideas....