Thread: Ivan Dryer RIP

Default Ivan Dryer RIP

Sad day for us all.

From Ivan's Facebook page:
    (https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ivan%20dryer)

It's a heavy day, and it's also a very sad day... I just spoke with David, Ivan Dryer has passed this evening and the lights are out.

It's been a long year and several months that Ivan has been struggling so hard to stay alive since the passing of his wonderful wife Carol. Although it's too soon for any plans to be made I wanted to let everyone know and to please let your friends who knew Ivan and the family of Laser Images, that he has passed. Ivan's amazing spirit of life and his inventions Will Go Onto the Next Generation and his spirit I know, will go on for a very long time. To all the great laserist's around the world, thank you for remembering him with all your wonderful cards and globes of light that helped him remember his gifts to all. I will stay in touch and I will continue to post through the words of his brother David.

God bless Our Dear Ivan Dryer and may He rest in peace all the days of his Life here on Earth and in Heaven. Thank you, Bobbi

Alas...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Very sad news.

Sending love to the Dryer family, you're in our thoughts.

Nige.
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

Sad news.
    We all owe Ivan a great debt.
    Without his vision, who knows if we'd be lasing as we are today?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Requiescat in Pace, Ivan.

Your pioneering made weekend nights so much better for so many people.
    Not to mention having the indirect effect of starting so many professional careers, including mine.
    Prayers for Peace and Comfort to the family.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by clickamouse View Post
    Sad day for us all...
    Thanks for the post, Mike... Indeed, our Ship has lost its Captain... –_– I was sitting at the keyboard after I'd gotten the news, just.. in a daze, wading thru memories, when some guy named 'Jack Daniels' came and whacked me over the head, and, well.. Guess I passed out..

Feel free to pm (but preferably email me - jon AT laserium DOT com) if you wish for David (Ivan's Brother..) Dryer's mailing address, should any of you wish to send a card, etc, since I am sure that will not get posted publicly.. (incidentally, David was the guy chiefly-responsible for creating the amazing 'VFX' in the original 'Blade Runner'.. David was also a pioneering visual-artist, albeit for film, vs lasers...

..Meantime, fly your shutters at half-aperture, and.. Lase On.. That's certainly what he'd want us all to do.. Maybe post-up your favorite Laserium-inspired Lumia shot / own werk, and/or post up to his FB, if you do that sort of thing..

May you Rest in Peace and Light, Ivan.. Thank You for all the inspiration you sparked in all of us. Hope to someday Lase with you again, somewhere on the Other Side, Cap'n... 'I have been, and always shall be, Your Friend'.

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

My interactions with Ivan were brief; in the few times at the Laserium warehouse he was a great person.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I just put the news out on the ap wire. Let's see if they pick it up and report it. Jon real opportunity to get some new interest. He'd really like that I am sure.