Thread: Mamba New´s

Default Mamba New´s

Hi,

just to inform you:
    In July this Year i bought the Sourcecode of "Mamba M3 / Elements" from Medialas.
    This Time i am converting it from the old 2007 IDE to an actuall Version
    to get it running perferct at all actuall Windows Versions.

Mamba X4 , so the Name of the new Release, will be added to the
    Dynamics Software Bundle. This should be great for Usern who only need
    a simple and easy to use Lasershowsoftware for small Events
    but also want to get access to the >200 Beamshows included in Dynamics.

As additional gift all existing Users of Dynamics full Version
    will get a free Copy of Mamba X4.

The Hardware Access vie MLD API will stay the same. This Time i can
    offer Bundles incl. Easylase LC , Dynamics "nano" license AND "Mamba X4"
    License starting at 399€
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

I weirdly still find Mamba one of the most accessible and user-friendly interface laser software, just this weekend I've used it in the hall for 400 folks and run with the live-player keyboard! Glad its not gonna be another goner for SW.
    My kit: Mamba Elements V3 & DAC, ILD SOS & LaserCam, LaserDock DAC, Kvant Clubmax 1800 (2017)

User - friendly because of Limited Features. But enought for some People.
    You nearly dont need a Manual. I am in Holiday for the next 2 Weeks. But if you like to PM me your Serialnumber and E-Mail Adress maybe i can do "something" for you :-)
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Nice to hear Guido. Keep up the good work.

I always remember when I got my first real computer controlled laser show kit from you, long long time ago - Popelscan

Mamba Black was my first laser program and it worked well for me for several years migrating from version 0.9 through MIII. For those that aren't familiar with it, it is primarily a beamshow software package but you can do basic graphics as well. Some of the features I really liked about it was the ability to assign every timeline to your choice of DACs, assigning as many as you'd like in a grid assignment format on a show-by-show basis. Mamba also supported a high number of DACs (I believe Medialas tested 40 or more at a time). There was also a good amount of stock show material available including many good beamshows. Medialas won many ILDA awards over the years using this package.

When I started migrating to another software package, Mamba made it easy for me by offering flexible ILDA output capabilities. They also published their DAC's SDK, so I'm still using some of those DACs with other laser show packages fifteen years after purchasing them. Those USB DACs were rated to 100kpps and I can attest that they work with up to 90Kpps. This was good forethought 15 years ago!

I'm really glad this will continue program will continue to be available as a low cost, capable program. Thank you, Guido!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

ARRG... it sounds like Popelscan will never will be forgotten :-)

Let´s see what happens in future. Would be sad when something like Mamba would be burried. It is so easy to use
    and for some beginners a Golf is enought, they dont need a Porsche :-)
    Need to spend some more Time in some Parts of the Programm but it dont look as bad as a thought first Time.
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

So this means that mamba is now officially abandoned / discontinued by medialas ? When did this happen ?
    I really never heard this news, was it officially announced ?

I was a 'first hour' beta tester for mamba when it was originally developed by PM, you might find my name in the source code :-)

Most of the buttons were designed by me...for a light-grey background!!! that's the reason it now looks horrendous, on a very dark-grey background!!!
    Medialas never bothered to redesign the buttons, or never asked me for a redesign.

If I might find the time I may do a redesign on the buttons, PM me if interested.
    Last edited by -bart-; 09-03-2017 at 13:32.

Hi Bart,
    as i wrote above they offer it to me in July.
    I know Peter also since many Years and also the Software because of the Coorperation between ML and jmlaser.
    It starts in the same time i wrote the easylase.dll for the Easylase 1.
    About the Design: They add Alphatools to design the GUI. Mixing Customized Buttons and GUI Tools is not the best Idea.
    But in first Time i will spend most Time in cleaning the Code. Didnt find your Name in the Code but Stanwax :-)
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Hi,
    as it looks now i can offer a PC-Locked Version of Mamba next Time. Because of the Open MLD Interface and the easy ILDA Export
    in multiple Formats this maybe can be interesting. Some People asked for this. I am not a big friend of PC-Locked Versions but it looks like
    there are a few People interested in.
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de