Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a cheap laser for my man cave...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

That would certainly solve the wife problem!
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    That would certainly solve the wife problem!
    Ha! . . + 15char
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I have still not got round to buying anything, I have been doing a lot of research, I just wish I could afford something like the lasers they used to use @ Eclipse back in 1991.
    It was supplied by a company called 'Orange' who no longer seem to exist, and it was their most powerful laser, IIRC I think it may have even been Argon, but it was certainly 7 Watt and to this day it was the best laser I have ever seen 'live', Videos never do lasers justice, but this is it in action.
    Back then you could scan the crowd all night and I don't think their were any safety-controls as such..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtb8hpsMNR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCMrieh9rwk

I think something that powerful may be over-kill for a 20x20 man-cave!

Dk's advice is great BUT Lk no longer offers the PD2--just the PD3 (more power and more$$) Wendylou has a nice PD2 for sale... gently used BUT you will need to convince her to go thru the probs with shipping to you from the USA. She paid $515 BUT that was a sale price due to our group buy-- I am very happy with my PD2s ---they do stuff no other PJs can offer=and plenty bright for your uses-- I would offer $515 and agree to cover the cost to send to you and she may be willing.... nice person.
    the PD2 is ILDA ready (you need show software) and also can be controlled cheaper with DMX-- but not anywhere near the options you will get with ILDA software..

another choice would be the 500mW RGB from several china PJ makers-be sure it has ILDA and galvo scanners NOT stepper motors...and real blue 450 -445 (not 405 violet)
    AND reds about 635or 638 are much brighter than 650 0r 655 660
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-