Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New KVANT Clubmax FB4 series product video

Laser Warning New KVANT Clubmax FB4 series product video

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure most of us have already heard about the new KVANT Clubmax FB4 range, but for those who missed it, here's our latest introduction video.

A few will probably want to know what is the Colour Balance display mode and how it works. So here's a short explanation:
    https://www.kvantlasers.co.uk/latest...e-display-mode

Feel free to ask questions; for any business related stuff please email us to info@kvantlasers.co.uk

Thank you.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

I got one of the new FB4 CM3000s, they are solid.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

are the issues with the scan fail board resolved?

it was incredibly frustrating buying my cm6800 only to discover there was a known issue that the dealer didn't tell me about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
    Hi all,

I'm pretty sure most of us have already heard about the new KVANT Clubmax FB4 range, but for those who missed it, here's our latest introduction video.

A few will probably want to know what is the Colour Balance display mode and how it works. So here's a short explanation:
    https://www.kvantlasers.co.uk/latest...e-display-mode

Feel free to ask questions; for any business related stuff please email us to info@kvantlasers.co.uk

Thank you.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    are the issues with the scan fail board resolved?

it was incredibly frustrating buying my cm6800 only to discover there was a known issue that the dealer didn't tell me about.
    To be honest, I myself don't know what is that known issue, but the scan fail is now driven by FB4 board and most of the circuits were re-designed and made better. We tested everything extensively so there shouldn't be any surprises.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

The FB4 Clubmax series does not display the flickering seen in the old clubmax 3000 models. I usually turn the scan-guard off when I don't need it in my old Clubmax. Otherwise solid build, used both in the rain the other day. Colorado's whether is very unpredictable... Still very solid builds and am very happy with the rubber seals on everything. Will probably purchase rain covers for them soon when doing outdoor projection like stuff for graphical mapping, etc.

Martin,

There is quite a known issue with some CM projectors which the shutter opens and closes multiple times while the projector is still showing content. this is repeatable and happens often when the projection size is small.

A number of people on this forum and on facebook experience the issue. I spoke with Pangolin about it at ILDA last year and was told this is a known issue with the Kvant scan fail boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
    To be honest, I myself don't know what is that known issue, but the scan fail is now driven by FB4 board and most of the circuits were re-designed and made better. We tested everything extensively so there shouldn't be any surprises.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yes, I've has the same issue with my Clubmax 1800. Particularly playing graphic and abstract content as wave files, like planetarium style shows. I have wanted to rip the thing apart and stop the damn "clunking" more often than I care to think about.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Yes, I've has the same issue with my Clubmax 1800. Particularly playing graphic and abstract content as wave files, like planetarium style shows. I have wanted to rip the thing apart and stop the damn "clunking" more often than I care to think about.
    yes, me too... however, that might do bad things to the variance. i know there's a bypass that can be done by shorting pins on the scanfail card, but i was told that also defeats the interlock delay. this also might impact the variance.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm sure it would. The only saving grace is I don't normally use that projector for any kind of public display of the wave files. I use it publicly for "gobos" for weddings and proms. I've just use it for personal watching of waves at home and I've messed with it in a few hotel rooms since it's small to carry around. I'm close to getting an X-Laser Mirage for that purpose soon anyway since it's all single mode diodes and should look better than the Kvant. I don't get the clunking with normal use except when text scrolls off the field of view with proms since hearts are still spinning around names when it's used for weddings and there is no reason for the shutter to close.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Martin,

There is quite a known issue with some CM projectors which the shutter opens and closes multiple times while the projector is still showing content. this is repeatable and happens often when the projection size is small.

A number of people on this forum and on facebook experience the issue. I spoke with Pangolin about it at ILDA last year and was told this is a known issue with the Kvant scan fail boards.
    I know what you mean. Yes, this was how the circuit was actually designed. The sensitivity settings determined the minimum angle of projection (normally set to around 3 degrees in the factory I think) and if the projection angle dropped below that value, the shutter went down. So if there was an effect where its size on X or Y (or both) axis was going repeatably below minimum value, it would cause the shutter to go on & off as many times as the size would get below and over the treshold.

For these situations there was the other safety mode which allowed you to do whatever you wanted and was checking that the scanners were functional.

The new Clubmax FB4 has this sorted in different way and on more levels so this doesn't happen anymore.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk