Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melles Griot Omnichrome Series 74 HeCd Helium Cadmium high voltage coil

You're a bit late to the game Phil, I put one in the post last week

I haven't heard back from you Phil, did you get my p.m.?

Hi Phil

I didn't hear back from you. After removing that ballast resistor, I found it has two high voltage leads and a bleed resister to ground on a third white lead. The one Noble Gas shipped looks like it has only one. I'm happy to keep the first one sent from Noble Gas (Not his fault and I said I would take it to try it but without the 2nd high voltage lead things may not work), I'll just put it in my spare parts. If you will list the one you have on Ebay, with a buy it now and send me a link when it's convenient for you I will promptly pay for it. I'm In IA. 51503 so no worries about international shipping. I look forward in hearing from you and thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dhg6; 10-20-2017 at 10:52.

Sorry I did try to respond. I will take the resistor out of the parts unit and make sure it is the same. I need the temperature sensing diode also, one failed in a head I have and it won't start because the tube is too hot.....when cold. Strange...diode failure? I will let you know....Phil (813) 974-2378 at work.
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Sounds great Phil

Send me a link when you have it on Ebay, with buy it now option and I'll get you paid promptly. Don't worry about posting pictures with the sale as I know what it is and hopefully it will save you a little time. Thank you so much!

Phil, where's the diode located, maybe there's one in my scrapped head.
    That's a nuisance that the ballast resistor design was changed from my head to the later one; I can only think that they added a voltage sense line into the newer design.