Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldenstar or Lightspace?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Even buying the Kvant - which I would suggest getting through the Pangolin Projector Referral Network - (I believe) will require that you have a variance. Of course, the Chinese sellers won't but, then you run the possible risks outlined above when importing it. I had my own scare once when I got a call from the customs department at FedEx a couple years ago and one was held while some paperwork got cleared up. In a subsequent purchase, I ended up paying a bond company and jumping through a number of hoops and spent about $850 to get my projector. So... it does happen.
    PM Sent...

How should I go about getting a Variance? What is the cost? Time?

getting a variance is free you just need to use certified equipment

also keep in mind you may not legally take possession of any class 3b or 4 laser equipment until you have your approved variance in hand

who ever sells you the equipment can help you with the forms but also keep in mind the fda is strange and unpredictable for instance i have 1 variance that was approved in a week and one that is taking 2 months so far

If you do it yourself, it doesn’t cost anything except perhaps a few hairs pulled out. The turn around time for them to process it should be less than 30 days HOWEVER, that is assuming the application is filled out correctly. (And your name isn’t Chris Short). I kid but, from what I have been hearing and have been told by CDRH, applications are being turned around rather quickly these days but, what causes delays are errors and mistakes like not remembering to sign the application. Some manufacturers will help you get your variance and I think most charge for that service. It can be well worth it to ensure it’s all filled out correctly but, yes you can do it yourself. I’m out at lunch at the moment but, when I get back I can try to direct you to links to review the application.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

hahahah.

what brad is referring to is the 6 months i waited for my electronic variance submission to be processed vs. the 10 days it took for my paper variance submission to be processed and approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    If you do it yourself, it doesn’t cost anything except perhaps a few hairs pulled out. The turn around time for them to process it should be less than 30 days HOWEVER, that is assuming the application is filled out correctly. (And your name isn’t Chris Short). I kid but, from what I have been hearing and have been told by CDRH, applications are being turned around rather quickly these days but, what causes delays are errors and mistakes like not remembering to sign the application. Some manufacturers will help you get your variance and I think most charge for that service. It can be well worth it to ensure it’s all filled out correctly but, yes you can do it yourself. I’m out at lunch at the moment but, when I get back I can try to direct you to links to review the application.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

So much for saving trees.
    PM Sent...

So much for saving trees.
    and the reduction of paperwork act and living in the 21st century.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Even buying the Kvant - which I would suggest getting through the Pangolin Projector Referral Network - (I believe) will require that you have a variance. Of course, the Chinese sellers won't but, then you run the possible risks outlined above when importing it. I had my own scare once when I got a call from the customs department at FedEx a couple years ago and one was held while some paperwork got cleared up. In a subsequent purchase, I ended up paying a bond company and jumping through a number of hoops and spent about $850 to get my projector. So... it does happen.
    How about ordering directly from Kvant. The referral network seems to be outdated.

i'm not sure you'd save money buying them directly from kvant vs. getalaser.com (pangolin).

clubmax 1000 on kvant's website is 1900E
    clubmax 1000 on pangolin's website is 2027$ (usd)

1900E is 2241$ USD

i don't know how the tax works out.

there are a couple more US vendors for KVANT (according to the kvant website):

GK photonics (no kvant systems listed on their website)
    Lightwave International (George has never returned any of my pm's, emails, or phone calls)

I purchased a kvant through the getalaser website. they're nice projectors with much better color modulation than anything i've seen from china.

you may also want to take a look at x-laser. adam (the president) is a super nice guy. easy to do business with and straight up honest.

http://x-laser.us/

Quote Originally Posted by Glrock View Post
    How about ordering directly from Kvant. The referral network seems to be outdated.
    Last edited by swamidog; 11-14-2017 at 13:21.