Thread: Automated laser rig

Default Automated laser rig

Hi, I made this a while back but never made a video of the mechanics of it. The laser is 5mw 405nm laser projecting through two mirrors that are mounted on the motors at a slight angle which produces the unique patterns. I made an XY rig to move around the laser and mirrors. The user can choose different patterns by turning knob. The glass has a glow film on it to absorb the light.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkl3piNA5Rq

That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

Can the user control the X/Y position (like an etch-a-sketch), or is that part automated? And how deep is the entire case? (I'm assuming that the laser, moving mirrors, and X/Y rig are all mounted behind the glass, correct?)

Also, where did you get the glow film that you applied to the glass, if you don't mind sharing?

There has been a couple other glow-in-the-dark projects posted here recently, and I have to say that they've all been really fun to look at. I'm starting to think that there may be another project in the works for me this winter!

Adam

Thanks.. the film came from a manufacturer in China. I bought it four years ago, don't recall who it was. Yes, I made another version with two knobs where the user can control XY