Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Goldenstar or Lightspace?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

1) no, because (in theory) invisible laser light does not exit the laser module.
    2) yes. a variance through x-laser (or another company) should state the same thing.
    3) use your name instead of a company name

Quote Originally Posted by Glrock View Post
    Couldn't this be taken as including dpss and frequency doubled YAG laser projectors?

So this may mean that a variance purchased from x-laser will also have these traits?

Also, what is usually used in the company or firm section of the document if one does not have a company?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I know its been a while, but have more questions.

1: For section 9 asking about pulse duration and scanning speed/frequency, how would I find pulse duration and scanning frequency. Not on the label of my laser.
    2: Can I use the e Submission software as an alternative to mailing? If so, what center?
    3: Will the selection of Audience Scanning under effects to be used complicate the process?

Thank you

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

1) You are going to be using cw (continuous wave), not pulsed lasers but I will check my variance application tomorrow just to see what may have been listed on mine.
    2) You can, in theory but, remember the earlier comment about Chris Shorts e-submission taking months and finally he filed on paper and it took merely weeks.
    3) More than you can imagine. You’re not even remotely close to being able to audience scan. I don’t mean for that to sound harsh but, there are very few people in the entire industry that are actually trained and qualified to do audience scanning. Do NOT check that box if you want this to go through. (Also do not check stationary irradiation of rotating mirror balls either.)
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 11-24-2017 at 09:37.
    PM Sent...

Ok for number 9, here would be my suggestion:
    Scanned bandwidth: from D.C. - 5kH
    Modulation in both color and intensity: from D.C. -100kH
    PM Sent...

Good news, bad news.

Good news: A variance obtained by X-Laser can absolutely be made valid for other compliant brands and we do so at no charge.

Bad news: The X-Laser EZ Variance Kit is for people over 18 only. Sorry!! That's not my call, it's my lawyer's. I pay them too much not to listen to them.

I have now filled out the form, but only have more questions in the process.

1) Would I title myself as the "Owner" of my "Company"
    2) Do I have to report ever single quick-Timeline show I produce?
    3) Do I really need to submit an Itinerary for the small house parties and tiny events I attend?

Thanks

1) Sure
    2 and 3) Show notifications are no longer required, just the primary show report which is taken care of for you when you apply

Thanks for everything

Does this mean I should also check the box stating that the variance is for a laser show in addition to a laser display device? What counts as the show summary?

Also, how does a "laser display device" differ from a "projector for a laser show"?
    Last edited by Glrock; 11-27-2017 at 13:47.

You are applying for a "show" variance. You're not manufacturing a projector. The application can really be used for either purpose but, for your purposes, you are looking for a variance in order to perform a laser show. A company that manufactures projectors would be filling out these same forms when introducing a new model laser projector. A bit confusing, I realize but, there are really two things that are each "varianced." A show and... a projector.
    Not every "laser display device" is a "projector for a laser light show". Lasers are in all sorts of things - surveying equipment, miter saws and other woodworking tools, levels, etc., and if they exceed the standard, then they too need a "variance".
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Glrock View Post
    I have now filled out the form, but only have more questions in the process.

1) Would I title myself as the "Owner" of my "Company"
    2) Do I have to report ever single quick-Timeline show I produce?
    3) Do I really need to submit an Itinerary for the small house parties and tiny events I attend?

Thanks
    You will have to report all your shows at the end of the year with an annual report that 'renews' your variance.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but you will have to submit an initial show report along with the variance application. The initial show report will essentially outline your operating procedures for future shows. It demonstrates to the CDRH that you have the understanding and the where with all to conduct laser shows in a safe manner.

-Sal