Thread: Looking for Bay Area Enthusiasts

Default Looking for Bay Area Enthusiasts

Hello Everyone.

I have recently been considering purchasing a new projector with 40k scanners(see thread here), but have been realizing that I am unsure if the jump in speed will truly impress me. I know many may say that the difference between 25k and 40k will be astounding, but I am the kind of person that needs to see it to believe it, especially prior to spending 2k on a new projector. Is there anyone nearby with a fast projector?

-Thank you

I am in Santa Cruz. I have some "40k" scanners you could check out. Its in quotes because most scanners that are advertised as 40k scanners are just overdriven 30k scanners, at least thats what the old timers say. I have a Pluto II and currently have my scanners tuned to 30k.

I am in the process of moving and have no time for laser hang outs, but it will all be over soon. If you can wait, I should be free in the second half of December. I have some time off around the holidays that would be perfect for playing with lasers.

There are some other laserists in the greater bay area, lets see if they pop in and say hi

-Sal

That sounds great, was considering Lightspace. I can wait till then, and would love to see that Pluto projector. Interesting that true 40k scanners are rare, at least according to old wisdom . I wasn't really aware of this, but do recall hearing it now that you mention it. Also, what software do you use?

Also hope other pop in. Would be interesting to see a variety of projectors and speak with many. I still have some complex questions about the workings of projectors that would be best answered in person.
    Last edited by Glrock; 11-14-2017 at 18:03.

ABSOLUTELY get together with Sal! Well worth your time. And ask him if you should be saving up to come to SELEM.
    PM Sent...