Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needing some ground wiring help

Hi Adam,

Thanks for this explanation on impednece. I always assumed that the issues with long runs were first and foremost around voltage drop and noise/interference. Your comment makes sense as to what I am experiencing, this surely is exacerbating the existing problem further.

For anyone in my position who is interested, Aaron from Pangolin support got back to me: He confirmed that the *only* bulletproof way to ground your projectors is with AC ground only connected to case chassis, and DC0V and pin 25 forming an independent central grounding point. This central grounding point must be COMPLETELY isolated from AC ground else ruin the entire grounding scheme. Thus scanner blocks must be electrically isolated and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Just an aside... 100 meters on an ILDA run is right at the maximum of what the spec is designed for. Daisy-chaining 4 projectors at the end of that 100 meter cable is asking for trouble! If any of the diode drivers have low impedance inputs, you're screwed. (ILDA spec for input impedance is a minimum of 10K, but I've seen drivers from China that top out at 3K... Put 4 of those in parallel and you're in trouble.)

Might want to look into a buffered splitter.

Adam

Good to know, thanks. I've been using M4 nylon screws and thermal pad below scanner block. However I can't tight hard because of 'fragile' nylon. Some time ago I broke a nylon screw and part of it remained inside the alum M4 thread hole. It was a big pain to remove
    So if anyone could advice on a better way to electrically isolate scan block will be very appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Humphry View Post
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for this explanation on impednece. I always assumed that the issues with long runs were first and foremost around voltage drop and noise/interference. Your comment makes sense as to what I am experiencing, this surely is exacerbating the existing problem further.

For anyone in my position who is interested, Aaron from Pangolin support got back to me: He confirmed that the *only* bulletproof way to ground your projectors is with AC ground only connected to case chassis, and DC0V and pin 25 forming an independent central grounding point. This central grounding point must be COMPLETELY isolated from AC ground else ruin the entire grounding scheme. Thus scanner blocks must be electrically isolated and so on.