Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100W RGB Laser Light Engine

The gain module looks like the Corona slab design, but implemented with mostly off the shelf Newport and Thorlabs components. Interestingly, the 1/2 wave plate is labeled 514nm. I wonder if the gain crystal is something exotic like Yb:KGW.

Q-peak commonly used Nd:YLF which lases at 1047nm. It was hard to find waveplates for 523nm so we sometimes used zero order 514nm ones designed for argon lasers. Could also be a Yb:something, the only way to find out is to turn it on

Hello
    I m back with laser for dlp projection, I Test 5w 532nm dpss for illumination and get 2000 lumens of green, I suppose (5wG-5wR-5wB) get 6000 lumensAttachment 53897 Attachment 53898Attachment 53899

How do you deal with laser speckle?

To get rid of speckle you need to kill the spacial coherence of the beam. Some solutions use multiple raman scattering effects to smear the wavelengths out, while others use mechanical diffussers to average the interference over time. Google patents has a bunch of different solutions if you really want to go down the rabbit hole.

Adam

Using a XY scanner with pangolin wave generator move the scanning frequency into a Integrator and you can note paterns into Projection (constructive and destructive ) because each mirror in DLP oscillate to get brightens for each pixel

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    Q-peak commonly used Nd:YLF which lases at 1047nm. It was hard to find waveplates for 523nm so we sometimes used zero order 514nm ones designed for argon lasers. Could also be a Yb:something, the only way to find out is to turn it on
    Wouldn't Nd:YLF prefer brewster-angle cut ends to promote self-polarized 1047nm emission ?
    Also pumping for YLF would be below 800nm Nd:YAG band, more like 795nm, or so.

Damn, some people always find the coolest gear!